2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Within the past few weeks, someone posted a link to a weather site that incorporated a Google Earth-type image into the radar. I thought I bookmarked it, but can't find it now. Can someone help me out? Thanks

·
Registered
475 Posts
from google earth blog

Under the toolbar (PLACES) scroll to the end....should have options for satellite imagery (IR temperature,water vapor,visible)

satellite maps

hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
You don't need a radar to see what's going on in Deer Park now....we have Class 3 rapids on Center Street! It's POURING! gb

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jode and CB, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks very much!

It's finally cleared the League City area. Folks in La Porte and Baytown better batten down the hatches. This one packed a punch! High winds, very heavy rain, and tons of lightening. My poor little dog is vibrating on "high" and about to hyperventilate!

·
www.RipCharts.com
1,855 Posts
Its blowing sideways here in Clear Lake.

I've been watching water ooze out of my lawn for the last 4 weeks... I'm affraid the ground is so saturated that it wont take much of a storm to put us in trouble this year.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
I love that weather channel radar. My sister is prefishing for poco and I was able to tell her about showers that were aproaching and which way they were going. You can zoom in pretty close to see specific landmarks as well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Been raining all morning in the Angleton area! Sure ruined the offshore trip that we had planned with the entire family today!!! Wanted to celebrate the daughters' b'days (17, 19, 22 yrs), but 3-5' seas w/ 60% chance of t'storms doesn't work well with 1st timers.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
wan2bfishin but 3-5' seas w/ 60% chance of t'storms doesn't work well with 1st timers.[/QUOTE said:
Doesn't work well with hundred-timers either. Sorry for your luck.

·
Banned
906 Posts
wan2bfishin said:
Been raining all morning in the Angleton area! Sure ruined the offshore trip that we had planned with the entire family today!!! Wanted to celebrate the daughters' b'days (17, 19, 22 yrs), but 3-5' seas w/ 60% chance of t'storms doesn't work well with 1st timers.
Wow all of your daughters have the same B days? :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts