2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke at 4:00 to rain squalls dropping 1 1/2" - 2" per hr. with thunder and lightning strikes.
Wind is SSW at 7 but gusting in squalls
Surf is up, rough and off-color like a bad joke.
Barometer is 29.91
Flash flood warnings along the immediate coast as the stationary front from the North is stalled North of Houston and a low pressure trough is just off the coast. It's a stand off squeeze.
Because the Gulf Stream also is taking a fall like route SW to NE, we'll have training of rain showers until something moves.

I'm calling Prince Heyama, "the chicken man" also a Voodoo prince in New Orleans. We're personal friends and he taught me most of my MOjo. Heck he gave me my own Voodoo doll in about 1975 and said "don't touch the pins".

THIS HAS TO STOP!
another heavy squall just started pounding so I think I'll have my coffee.

·
No Hero pictures don't need them.
954 Posts
yep had to call off my plans this morning. heavy rains and i think lightning has hit just about every tree in my yard or it sounds like it. lol

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
I've Been Up Since 5:00 a.m.

...It has been lightning off on three horizons and alot of standing water on the drive and in the yard. Now, with daylight, at 10 minutes 'til 7:00, I'm seeing some dark clouds lurking about and it looks like it's headed this way again. CF?:cloud:

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
7:00. Yeah CF, it's darker here than the saturday night line up on the WB! It's raining here at the beach so hard I can't see across the street. This seems almost like a tropical system

·
Borders, language, culture
6,346 Posts
We got hammered again this morning in Lake Jackson. I think we have had somewhere over 10 inches of rain for the week.

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
kenny said:
" it's darker here than the saturday night line up on the WB!

LMAO at ya Kenny....

By the way, since you are the resident guru of JB......I've been considering fishing the main canal at night with one of my green lights. Is that a worthwhile endeavor? Also, where would the best place to put in at for a night time run there. I'm not familiar with that area of the bay and don't want to run up on something on my way to the canal. If ya know what I mean?

Thanks in advance.............KC

·
Registered
185 Posts
JB is my home plate, but by all means, im not even close to a guru on the area. i have had, and some of the neighboors have had, some decent luck in the main canal just around the area of the first perpindicular(SP?) canal on the west side. bring your green light if you want, but a lot of the houses around there have them in the water already. that's usually the area where we see the most action on the fish finder when we head out.

As far as the bay layout.........kenny will have to get in more detail. from what i have learned by trial and error, most of the water around the channel markers is about +-3ft (depending on time of day). it tends to get a little more shallow inside the developed water(geotube things) and west of the channel markers towards shell island. outside the channel markers heading inland(north) it gets around +-5ft.

our boat is in a slip, so i can help you with where to put in. sorry.
kenny, help us out.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey nobody's going to potlick my "white trash bank-fishing spot". You can't make me talk. OK, OK, launch at the Jamaica Beach ramp off Jolly Roger and start fishing the lights all the way out the main canal and back. Be COURTEOUS and quiet and don't bow up if someone asks you to move along or turns off the lights. They have a reason, unfortunately there are a lot of drunks, jerks, and crooks in the world. People do come into the canals by boat and rip people off.
On a lighter note, I did catch a break in the monsoon and made a quick drive back to the main canal about 10:30 and caught three solid trout on SS jr. Ch.stripe/chrome/white.

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Thanks for the pics

Thank you Lemon & Kenny.

I didn't know there was a ramp in Jamaica Beach. As always, I will be courteous of folks. I plan on trying my own green light in the vicinity of the last canal to the left off the main one. Maybe I can hi-jack a few trout heading into the smaller canals to their usual haunts. I don't want to totaly pot-lick someones lights....lol.

I stayed in one of the rent houses last summer that was on a canal. I was on the top deck watching all the trout tearing up some shad over the green light that was off of the neighbors deck, when these 2 morons in a john boat motored right thru the middle of them with their big motor, THEN they shut it off and started fishing the light that they just ran the fish from!!! They fished it for about 10 minutes and then moved on. And there had been some VERY nice trout in those lights before that!

Thanks again for the info. I was hoping to use some of my new found knowledge this weekend,......but it seems the rain is gonna have it's way. There's always next weekend though............

Take it easy.........KC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts