2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Came out here about six oclock PM tonight. Started at WR 4 next to the Cavalier. They caught 5 bullreds and 18 shark. I could hear them announce it over the speaker and could see them bringing the fish in. We have moved over to by the N Jetty. There are about nine of us boats out here. Its a full moon, fixin to be low tide it looks like. Very calm. So far I have caught shark. The biggest is a black tip about 3 1/2 Feet. Along with a small trout, lots of hardheads. We got the lights out so the bait fish are starting to come into the light. We are fishing with squid and dead shrimp. I might break out some artificials. Came inside for dinner and to get on here and give yall the "Live Report". We are staying out here for the night. Someone out here took our picture earlier with the "Amazing Grace" all lit up. If you will please post it up on here. If you are a 2cooler. I'll be back with another report in a bit. God Bless and good fishing, Laura & Tom

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
OK I'm jealous...

·
senor member
6,148 Posts
Laura, you are something else. Let me know how I'm doing!!! I want to catch a bull red vicariously. And while you are at it, take me a picture of it. Ha Ha Ha!! What a girl.

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well if we are what we catch, at this point i am either a shark or a hardhead. LOts of them out here. HAHA!! I need a little nap, but the Captain is resting, so i came inside. thinking of making coffee. I see some guys real close to the Jetty pulling in some trout. Since our boat is a lil big we cant get that close. There are some bottlenose under the bait lights, and lots of little crabs. And seaweed. Oh and a few flying fish. What an aquarium that the Lord has created. Its cool out here. I"LL BE BACK!!!!

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We just got back to dock , it is about 745am. Fished part of the night, slept the other. Lost lots of bait and SS leaders due to sharks. LOTS OF SHARKS. Weather great, lots of boats heading offshore, and Jetties are already filling up. Wind a little higheer than being reported. I say around 10-12 Water is calm to slightly choppy. Far side of Jetty is really nice. Got to get ready for church, but we are going back out around 100PM withn Andrespurplerain and family to catch a few of the Lords bounty. I'll keep you all posted "LIVE" from wherever the fish are biting. If you see us out this afternoon, give us a shout. God Bless you with safety and lots of fun and fishing today. Take somebody you luv fishing today. Laura & Tom

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still at GYB. At the dock. Wind has picked up. I saw lots of my neighbors with some BIG fish. They have all been offshore. We just took a mini cruise over to Moody Gardens after church and picked up a friend at the docks. Beautiful day it was indeed. God Bless you all til next time. Laura

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Back in town, but i forgot to tell you all about the tons of shad in the Harbor.Popping up everywhere, the pelicans were having a feast. Lots of folks with cast nets just raking them in. Between GYB and Pelican ISland bridge. "Talk about Bait"!!! 1000's....Also, the word is the trout are at the yacht basin. Under lights at night off the boats, a source tells me that you can hook up on some trout.God Bless you all and thanks for reading my post. I really enjoy sharing them. Laura & Tom Howell

·
the love of my life
9,585 Posts
wow that was so kind of ya for the info on the shad and trout hope to maybe see ya on the water the week of the 18th what is the name of your boat so i can honk my horn and wave-- ill be in a small 19ft cc kenner white no name yet have not figured out a good one that has not been taken--any suggestions feel free-- i be checkin from time to time for these live reports i just think thats the greatest----

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
The name is the "Amazing Grace" Its green and white and 52 Feet in length.If you use the ramp at GYB. It will be down one third of the way towards the ramp from the guardshack. There is a lit up sign on our place (A14) that says 'Amazing Grace Fellowship By The Sea" .Go by and see it.How long you going to be down for?

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
"HIS BOAT"
"BOUNTY"
Our friends have a BIG Lures offshore named "Hooked On Jesus"
I would pick a name to do with the Lord myself.

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We are going to be "LIVE" on 610AM KILT outdoor show with Captain Wayne this Saturday. Be sure to tune in and call in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts