2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've Been Reading And Seeing Some Awesome News On Watts Bar.you Men Tell Me All About It. Which Lake Is The Hottest,watts Bar Or Wheeler.i'm Going South One Of These Days And I Just Need To Know Which Way I Need To Head.so Much Water (so Little Gas)$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
550 Posts
I don't know a lot about Watts Bar, but I would pick Pickwick, Wheeler, or Wilson, in that order. But then maybe I am biased.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds Like You Want To Go Fishing Man.i'm Coming Your Way As Soon As I Can Get My Junk Together Down Here.i'm Finishing Up On A Project I've Been Working On A Year.it Has Nothing To Do With Fishing ,but It Has Robbed Me Of Some Good Fishing Time.i'm Gonna Post Some Photos On Here As Soon As I Roll It Out.got Some Final Doodads To Put On It First.

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Never fished Watts Barr, but I did drive over it today.....Lower Wheeler is Hot right now for big blues........If your after 40-60 lb Blues....Wilson is hard to beat.....but for the really Big Girls 60-100lb, I would stick with Wheeler.......I got a pic of a 95 lber caught 2 weeks ago on wheeler, Ill post it here later......but this guy has caught several nice ones from the bank in the last month.

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Caught a 95lb.feesh from da bank?Daggone good trick,there!I'd enjoy droolin'...I mean...lookin' @that pic,man!How'd the tournament turn out?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Man I gonna have to get a canoe or sometin! and get up to that end of the river, maybe next spring

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yellar Cat, You're Turning Me On Man.wheeler Works Too.i Gotta Go That Way.don't That Tear You Out Of Frame Nighttrain?

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
My co-worker just came in and caught me hunched over the keyboard with my mouth hangin' open and a wide eyed stare on my face....she says that I look at "Catfish *****"!!!!:eek: :biggrin: THAT IS OBSCENE,MIKE!!!!I love it!
You caught an 85?I HUMBLY BOW TO THE MASTER!!!gimme da pics & details!
Hey,Mudhole....YOU GONNA BE ALRIGHT,MAN?:smile:

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Nightrane.....No I didnt catch the 85, but I got a pic......I wish I had of caught it because they won about 2,500 with it.........We caught a few 30's while we were down there....it is a great fishery

·
Registered
550 Posts
DAANG! Reckon she put up a fight? How close does this one come to the state record.?

Man I am going into withdrawal.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I copied this from elswhere -- These are the AL state records

State records for Catfish:

Bullhead: 3lbs 13oz, caught on 4/8/84 at Private Pond/Montgomery. Co., by Charles A. Lane

Blue: 111lbs, caught on 7/5/96 at Wheeler Reservoir by Wm. P. McKinley

Channel: 40lbs, caught on 6/17/67 at Inland Lake by Donald R. Cox

Flathead: 80lbs, caught on 6/22/86 at Alabama River, Selma by Rick Conner

White: 10lbs 5oz, caught on 4/3/81 at Chambers Co. Public Lake by Roy T. Britton

That is a HUGE channel -- lol

·
Registered
550 Posts
Dat tells me two things. First, Wheeler might be the place to catch a HAWG. Second, MS got bigger channel cats. ;) Record I think is 52 or 58.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts