2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been a question or topic before, but who makes a waterproof case for the I-pod toch that is worth a ****. All of the ones i have seen are either discontinued or a bag type. Looking for something more durable to withstand the abuse gear see's offshore. Next option is to modify a Pelican box.
Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Chest deep in the Blanco River
1,838 Posts
I just bought an 'Otter Box' from Bass Pro for $49.99 designed for gen 2-3 iTouch.
Waterproof to 3 feet, fully functional when inside.

·
yakfisher
805 Posts
there are pelican cases and otterboxes that say waterproof for the ipod/iphones. until you rad the fine print and they do not say 100% OR WARRANTY any damage due to water.

i1015 Case
Interior Dimensions:
5.14" x 2.64" x 1.37" (13.1 x 6.7 x 3.5 cm)
  • GREAT FOR RUGGED SPORTS - NOT FOR SWIMMING OR SUBMERGING
  • Designed for iPhone™ & iPod touch®
  • Fits several Smart Phones including Blackberry®: Curve/Storm/Pearl, T-Mobile® G1 Nokia®: 5800/E63/E71/E71/E75/N79/N78
  • External headphone jack lets you listen to your player while case is closed (NOTE! Does not support use of iPhone™ microphone)
  • Built-in cable manager holds earphones and cables
  • Active sport carabiner secures i1015 to backpack or belt loop
  • Easy open latch
  • Custom rubber liner doubles as o-ring seal
  • Stainless steel hardware
  • Lifetime Guarantee of Excellence
  • Water resistant, crushproof, and dust proof
http://pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=i1015 - not for submerging

http://www.otterbox.com/iphone-cases/iphone-3g-3gs-cases/2600-series-pda-case/ - only water resistant

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have not seen the Pelican.

The otter boxes are good cases. I don't think I would trust any to be waterproof but they should keep the occasional splash/spray from ruining your day.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you fellows. I was just wanting to keep the spray and rain off of it, I'm not looking to go swimming with it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
otter boxes are water proof. I have power washed them and had them under water no i pod damage yet. They make one just for the I pod touch about 50 dollars if I remember right.

·
lobsters go peench peench
295 Posts
otterbox armor series for ipod touch. 49.99. Bass Pro carries them for the 2nd generation, not for the first. hope this helps.

·
TEAM JOINT CUSTODY
322 Posts
Like everyone has said in above post! With the exception, look on ebay. I have bought otter boxes off ebay for my Ipod and use offshore in the boat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts