2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i never done a photo build of a deer blind so thought id give it a try. Figured yall could give me tips and advice through the build. So it started with picking up a 3500 gallon black water tank from a local oil field company. It had a 4 inch cut where a forklift operator drive it into. I started with trying to figure out what windows and door i was gonna use. I kicked the idea around of plexiglass from local glass company and the old wooden door technique. I looked at as many builds on the internet that i could find. I came up with Deerview Windows company. I called them told them what im doing and helped me with how i will need to mount them. I will have to use a 1x4 frame around the inside and mount windows on top of that. For the door i will have to frame it out with 1x4's and mount door on top of framing. So i chose 6 order 6-12x24 gunna put them vertical cause its getting set up for bow hunting, and ordered a 30x40 deluxe door from them. The windows i ordered in the camo window so i can see out but they cant see in when i do have them closed. I know its gonna be a warm sucker during the hotter time of the season but during the cold times ill be nice and warm with my reclining chair and cot. I hope every one enjoys this build and will take some time but ill keep posting pictures and take all advice how to make it better and more efficient.

Attachments

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just water, when i got it it was very clean and could not smell anything in it at all. just need to find a cap for the 16-18'' hole that they put the water from the in, its threaded luckily

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome ill have to check them out, me and my little helper as seen in picture gunna finish cutting windows this week, then on to the door.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea thank you, im not in the oilfield so did not really know the differnecw i do now lol, the kiddo is sure likeing the echo it has for now playing in it

·
Back in da Saddle
10,147 Posts
If you are okay with cold simply wear black clothes and use a heater. shoot right through the windows...

John

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea will hunt some during earlier season but the spot its going is a later season spot. ill keep the pics coming through out the build.

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,543 Posts
Nice...friend did that a number of years ago and it was just too hot inside when the sun got on it. Find a shady spot lol.

TH

·
AKA - Thread Killer
1,417 Posts
Put a couple of the solar powered exhaust vents on the roof to move hot air out of it, otherwise you will cook during bow season.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well last night cut the last 3 windows, total of 6 now. Gunna cut the door tonight 30x40 and then work on the interior until windows and doors arrive.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Awesome build. I have this exact plan. Thanks for doing this so this "non-carpenter" doesn't screw up!

T-BONE
(tpool)

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome build. I have this exact plan. Thanks for doing this so this "non-carpenter" doesn't screw up!

T-BONE
(tpool)
i am by far not a carpenter, little wood work here and there but thats it. a tip go buy a dremel saw max, cuts the holes perfect and is light weight.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Will you have it elevated at all? If you do could you paint the roof white to help reflect the heat rather than absorb it?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Will you have it elevated at all? If you do could you paint the roof white to help reflect the heat rather than absorb it?
no its gunna be on ground, where it is going is kinda a swampy area, i vut the door 12 inches high so it the pond that is 80 yards away floods it should be fine, i thought about doing it to roof or put some kind of heat stuff inside for the roof, will hunt it when its mainly colder out but im sure il hunt it some during the heat.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts