2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have water spots on my electronics displays that won't come off with alcohol. Someone told me that there was a post on this board about a product made for this. any info is appreciated.

·
Just one More
1,742 Posts
You should not have used alcohol. More than likely they are not water spots but damage caused from the alcohol to the anti glare/protection layer on the screen. Soap and water only.

I hope it not, true.

·
Worldangler
1,385 Posts
Probably not...

...water spots, as water spots should be soluable in water. Could be spots from some kind of solvent, or blood or poop. If you tried everything else, and want to try an abrasive cleaner - try toothpaste. Very mild, and I have used it on displays before without damaging the screen.

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
I talked directly w Furuno on this a while back,

nothing more than mild dish soap and water for displays , if that does not take it off you are SOL

they said deff. do not use windex or similar

·
Knot on Call
884 Posts
I had the same issue after hitting some very rough water and all the stuff that goes on with fishing and they did not just come off wiping the screen down so I brought mine in the house and I took dawn dish washing soap and some water and scrubed the screen with a terry towel and the spots came off. Do it lightly as not to crack or bend the screen but use some elbow grease too. You will have to find the medium. They will come off.

·
Tripped Outtings
2,261 Posts
WATER SPOT REMOVAL

The best water spot removal is VINEGAR. Super gentle and can be diluted with water as well. it's also the best glass cleaner you can buy.

·
Goin' South
833 Posts
That anti glare stuff never lasts on any of my Furuno units. I just wait till it gets marked up a bit then buff it right off. Clean glass after that. Much easier to deal with. Don't notice much glare difference. I just use a mild cleaner type spray wax to get the anti glare stuff off. It does take a lot of rubbing but it does come off.

·
Lifes 2 Short 2 B So Serious All Da Time
4,273 Posts
What about these protection screens that are sold on ebay for different manufactured units....?? The following is for some Raymarine units

Have any of you purchased these before and if so, how do you like'm?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Bad spots on my Furuno screen that water, mild soap or glass cleaner would not remove. Got some Novus System plastics cleaner from one of the electronics web sites and it took it right off. There is a medium and a fine cleaner plus a pre wash that comes all together. Don't buy the large size like I did because its a lifetime supply. Regards, Jerry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts