2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some of you locals tell me the water color between kickapoo marina and dove island? I might have to try it out this weekend around those stumps. I hear crappie like stumps and logs and stuff.

·
Retired opinionated old fart
19,914 Posts
I saw this this morning, but I am further south. Surely someone will chime in and answer. I will say if I understood him correctly (from the man I trust), I thought I heard that area is last to muddy up and first to clear back up. If so, I suspect is very fishable.

·
Registered
14,482 Posts
I have not been north of Memorial point in weeks, maybe months. So I am not sure at all, but even though it's the last to muddy, muddy it did.
It is the first area to clear up too, but I have no idea. Got to be a 2cooler up that way with first hand info.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was on the road bed a couple days ago and a chartreuse slab disappeared about 1 inch below the surface. Nasty water. Graphed some fish but got zero results.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I live south of Kickapoo Bridge on west side-south of the hotel and rv park. Water was up about 1.5 ft yesterday and muddy. Lots of floating stuff including about a 30 ft log yesterday. I'll check again this morning when the sun comes up.

·
Retired opinionated old fart
19,914 Posts
LOL....Donald, are you off your meds, again? ... JK :)
LOL, no I was really guessing because in the area I see right now as I write, it look good. A week back lake was improving and we got slammed again. I haven't crossed over Kickapoo on Hwy 190 for probably at least 2 weeks. 😀
Sorry

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I live south of Kickapoo Bridge on west side-south of the hotel and rv park. Water was up about 1.5 ft yesterday and muddy. Lots of floating stuff including about a 30 ft log yesterday. I'll check again this morning when the sun comes up.
Its good to know I can throw this out there. Its much easier to do life knowing I dont have to drive for 1.5 hours to find poop water and suck it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts