2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a reason for a front loading washer not draining. It seems to spin fine through all the cycles but will not drain the water after it's completed the cycles. I was able to drain the tub by lowering the drain hose into a plactic garbage bag (after sitting for a week, ehhhhh gross). I ask b/c we are way far out of the city and it's easier to home repair things rather than have to wait for an expensive repairman to show up). Any thoughts????

Thanks,

joboo

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
clog

Check the pump and make sure it isnt clogged with anything or if its even coming on. I somehow managed to get a baby's sock in mine many years ago and it wouldnt drain. Dont ask me how it got there but it did.

Z

·
Registered
19,248 Posts
Well if it drains on earlier draining times then its not stopped up. Sounds like the timer is not telling it to pump. If it in fact it is not draining then, like others above have said. Its stopped up or the pump in bad.

Charlie

·
Registered
246 Posts
We had a GE that would do that. Sometimes it was the pump and you could "hand motivate" to spin and this was due to the motor needing replacement. The other times it was the circuit board for the selection dial.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts