2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several of us put a lot of time and thought into getting this forum on its feet ... It seems as of late that it has just died .. Did I do something wrong ? I have been away a little - due to honey doos ... But c'mon - someone fess up - Whats the deal ? Is it worth the time and effort ... Such a fun and interesting place when there is interest ...

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
This is a great,young,budding catfish site with a wide variety of personalities that fish for different species of cats(and the occasional striper).We fish in a wide variety of water types(massive river systems,small lakes,huge impoundments,"stock tanks",and even creeks).We have a wide array of experience levels.Most of us have tangled with large fish,and that's why we continue in pursuit of that next big bite and the ensuing "tussle"...it's almost addicting(for me).It's like going to the Psychiatrist,...I get relief from getting out on the water at night and enjoying God's creations.If I don't have time to go fishing,I,generally,will make time.I love it that much.
This site has the all of the things it needs to be a great one...it's not what any body said...it's what nobody's talkin''bout...feeshing.I personally love this site and try to post reports,ask questions,give a few"attaboys",etc.,every time I'm around a computer.I go to fishing websites for a coupla reasons...to exchange info and for entertainment/commradery.Let's get our **** together,and do this thing like it can and should be done...Btw...nothing personal,guys...I love ya'll like a fat kid loves cake!!!;)

·
Old Fool
38 Posts
Aint nothin wrong that I am aware of. As for me, I rarely get time to post, however, every morning before work, I read the latest posts. Like this morning. I am not avoiding posting, just time constraints. Besides, with the little fishing I have had this year and the even less luck, I have little to say of value. Folks would much rather hear from those who actually "catch" fish. LOL

·
Registered
728 Posts
I get tired of being the only person posting.... kind of gets to feeling like I'm talking to myself, and I do enough of that in the real world that I don't want to start second-guessing my sanity on this message board. Life has thrown me a couple of curves of late and I haven't had much time (nor boat) to get out and "go" fishing. I just discovered that my Taurus station wagon has a towing capacity of about one fruit fly (1100 pounds) and so now I'm in search of a truck/sport ute/car that can tow the boat when I get the new motor mounted. I'm heading to the doctor this morning to get the word on my back... so, I will either be getting the okay to go to the chiropractor, or orders to get more tests... need to get the back straightened out, no pun intended, so I can get to the long list of chores I need to get done before I can get back out and go fishing.... I sort of feel like all I do is whine lately... but there's really nothing to whine about, and I don't mean to whine, it's just that there have been a lot of barriers in my walk that are keeping me from doing fun stuff... so there isn't as much to talk about that's good.... sort of...

there you have it

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How about a project ... Everyone take the time to go fishing this weekend ... Even if it is at a local pond ... Even if it doesn't involve catfish .. Take some pictures and post a report towards the beginning of the week .. Heck if you cant fish - Take a pictire of something and post a report about something ...

I think Kutter needs his picture back up next to his name -- It gives the board so much flavor -- Need any help with that Kutter ?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hawkeye -- Don't you know that it is OK to talk to yourself .... YUP -- It is true -- It is even OK to answer yourself ... But if you ever catch yourself saying "HUH???" - That is when you are in trouble ... hehe ...

·
Registered
798 Posts
Nothing you have said or done, my time has been taken with work. Haven't been fishing due to the surgery and recovery time. Maybe by the end of this month I can get back in the boat and actually wet a hook again. Plus being a moderator on a very active board out on the west coast takes up a lot of time trying to keep things civil. And I guess my best excuse, is I have just grown tired of message boards. Not to say I don't enjoy them, it's just easier to read and not post.
But......maybe when I get to fish again................

·
Registered
798 Posts
Catfish said:
How about a project ... Everyone take the time to go fishing this weekend ... Even if it is at a local pond ... Even if it doesn't involve catfish .. Take some pictures and post a report towards the beginning of the week .. Heck if you cant fish - Take a pictire of something and post a report about something ...

I think Kutter needs his picture back up next to his name -- It gives the board so much flavor -- Need any help with that Kutter ?
That's an idea, I'll take a picture of the rain TD Ivan is supposed to bring this weekend. That's as close to fishing I can do for now.

I did go see the world record blue cat at the Texas Fish Center last weekend. Man that is one big fish.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I just got in from the Doctor. He told me I have "degenerative bone disease" or something like that, in my back... that's doctor talk for I'm 46 years old and I've been abusing my back since I was old enough to walk... so it's all good news.. meaning there's no "new" damage to my back, and I can get it cracked by my chiro as soon as I want... It also means I can do whatever else I want, since it isn't going to get any better by laying around the house... I'm getting my car inspected today and I'm truck-hunting this afternoon to get something to pull the boat trailer, then it's out to the shed to mount the motor and work on the boat... right after I get back to putting shingles on the roof... life has been removed from the holding pattern, and I have permission to get on with the rest of my days here on Planet Earth.... so I hope to be posting an update on the cat-boat soon... and maybe even a fishing report by next weekend.....

TT

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
hi yall. for the last year i have just mainly gone to the TTMB board and post there, kinda keep up with everyone, then uaually have to get busy with daily stuff. this summer my dad and mom moved from up by lake fork, down to alvin, one house over from me. my dad is REALLY wanting to catch some yellow cats, and thats when i started coming to this forum. he is not registered yet, but im sure he will be soon, and will be hanging around here i am sure! we both appreciate all of your help and suggestions with the yellow cat thread we posted.

as off last night i am in iowa, about 10 feet from the des moines river. LOL you sure dont want to sleep walk here! my husband lives here on the river and fishes for catfish. im not sure what kind he catches, but now i am a lot more interrested since i have been coming to this forum. i will be here 3 weeks, and im sure we will be doing some fishing, so ill try and post up some reports and pictures. i just got a digital camera for my birthday a couple of weeks ago.

so anyway, good luck fishing this weekend, and i am looking foreword to reading some reports from you guys!

trudy

·
Old Fool
38 Posts
Catfish, not this weekend. I am sure all you Twinkie lovers out there have heard about Interstate Brands (Hostess, Wonderbread and Dolly Madison) filing for bankruptcy. That is where I work. Well, at least for now. I do not know what the future holds. I have only 15 years there, too young to retire even if I did have the time in. Too old to start over somewhere else. Right now it's one day at a time and I was able to talk them into letting me work 12 hr's a day this weekend. That's why I said I can't make this weekend for fishing or picture taking, etc..
TXPalerider, you are also correct. Deer fever in the late summer/early fall, is every bit as tough as catfish fever in the late winter/early spring. Next weekend is our anual work weekend at the deer camp. Well, sometimes we work on the camp, sometimes it is just helping out on the farm of the owners. It's just like deer camp during deer season, except working during the day instead of hunting. I swear, if I ever gave up hunting, I'd still have to go to camp.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I agree with Kutter, Nikonos and TXPalerider. With deer season at less than a week away, I have been investing more time and money with getting the lease ready than everything else. And believe me, my wife says EVERYTHING! BUT, I have every intention of going fishing Sunday. I MIGHT go tomorrow, if my son's birthday party doesn't go too long. But I have been looking at the posts at least a coupla times a day after work. It will pick up again very soon. After I put some fresh venison in the freezer, which, by the way I only have one front shoulder left frozen, I plan on putting some effort into putting catfish alongside it. Plus with the rain up in the mountains, I couldn't find a spot that the current wasn't too bad. But like Arnold said, "I'll be back!";)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Been Busy Man,,,,,,,,,,,if I Had As Many Rods In The Water As I Do Irons In The Fire,,,,,i Would've Had A Bite By Now. I'll Catch Up Soon,( With Fishing And Chattin') In The Mean Time,yall Take Care

·
Registered
67 Posts
This usually is my busy time for flathead fishing but the hurricanes here have really put some downtime on my fishing. The rivers are up and every time I plan a trip another hurricane comes. We are waiting for hurricane Jeanne right now to make landfall and hopefully it won't do too much damage around here once it comes by.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Best to you Bob... I Hope Jeanne loses some strength before she makes landfall...

I Bought a "cherry picker" you know, one of those engine hoist things people use to pull motors with, and as soon as I get it put together (tomorrow) I'm going to start replacing the motor on my boat. Wish me luck :)

To all of you in the hurricane battered south... our thoughts and prayers are with you. We know how it feels to get hammered... we don't know how it feels to get hammered repeatedly...

·
Typical Texan
8,415 Posts
I don't check this place very often. I remember a young man posted some photos of a whole boat load of yellows. This board erupted with finger wagers and putting him down for keeping the fish. I didn't know him nor did I know any of you that much. I decided to keep it that way after that.

That is why I haven't posted oftern or with any regularity. I am not wanting to open a can of worms but, you asked, I answered.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Just a little clarification on the "boatload" of fish.... I SUGGESTED that he consider releasing some of the big fish, instead of keeping all of them, to which I was summarily called a "PETA person." If suggesting that someone release big fish instead of being a pig about keeping that many fish makes me a PETA person, then I guess that's what I am. I thought I was conservation minded... the impression (the pictures clearly indicated that the fish were half rotten when the picture was taken) I got was that his ego was much more important to him than the fish were.... If a different young man were to post a similar picture today, I would make the same suggestion all over again. I'm sorry your perception of the event was negative. I assure you that I didn't intend to make him feel badly about killing the fish, nor did my attitude toward him turn toward the negative until he started being an ***** about it. No one attacked him. We responded (perhaps inappropriately) when he became a jerk about it. I figure if you post a picture of a boatload of dead catfish on a message board that CLEARLY promotes catch and release fishing, then you're ASKING for trouble.... I think he was trolling for a reaction when he posted the picture, and then got his panties all in a wad when he got one....
Perhaps you have seen the CPR thread(s) on the board? and the pictures of catmen smiling as the release big fish? and the stickers that TxPalerider has gone out of his way to have made for us? Nobody "erupted" against him until he became a jerk... I was impressed with his catch, and mentioned it... it's too bad the board got erased as the evidence is gone....

·
Registered
550 Posts
I think that one reason that so many people are taken the wrong way on this and so many other forums, is that the human emotion cannot be judged by just written words. Add that into the other factor of people on this board being so passionate about what they believe in, and sometimes someone WILL get their feelings hurt. I am certain that it wasn't intentional for that to happen, but it has and probably will again. But the board clearly promotes catch-photograph-RELEASE, and most of the prople strongly believe in that. I know how it feels, because that very practice has caused a rift in my own personal family. I have a problem whenever I take anyone else in my family fishing because chances are that we WILL catch a few fish over 10-15 pounds, and they practically refuse to release them. Conversely, I have been guilty of keeping more fish than anyone would believe practical, because I live on the outdoors 8 months out of the year, fish in the summer, and venison in the winter. BUT, I gauge the feelings of the fellow board members, and DON'T put photos of said catches on the forum, because that in itself violates some peoples beliefs, and held principles. I firmly believe that we are in a society today where EVERYONE has beliefs, and EVERYONE should respect the beliefs, principles, and values of EVERYONE else. So, if you don't believe 100% in CPR, please think about what is probably going to happen if you post pictures of large catches of obviously non-CPR'd fish.

Now that I am off this soapbox, would someone please burn it before it gets out of hand?

I fixin to go feeshin!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts