2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. Whenever W&J are on vacation, 103.7 usually plays the "Best of" W&J...today was just music.

·
Who Farted?
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
guess I answered my own question

Where Is The Show ?

W&J return Monday morning everywhere but the Houston flagship area. We need a week to put together the new W&J studios and to line up a bunch of radio "superstars" to round out the whole day. We start on the "new" Houston station July 30th. We will post the further details on that station here on the site. Hint...This station will allow W&J to be heard in ALL parts of the city (that will be welcome again)...and you have to "pick it up" a little differently.
http://www.waltonandjohnson.com/main/news?ID=1169238726

·
aka: KSims1868
3,848 Posts
I'm confused...how can they return everywhere except Houston?

Also...why doesn't the KIOL website say anything about Walton & Johnson?

·
www.mobilityplustx.com
1,950 Posts
So they are no longer on 103.7?

·
WHO DAT!!
3,242 Posts
They are being broadcast from leased studios somewhere here in Houston, but only to the affiliate stations outside of Houston. They will be back on 950 AM Monday morning.

You cal listen to them via internet here.
http://bayou957.com/

·
These Cats Are Potlickers
1,261 Posts
They are on the way to the grave around here. Thats why they've been kicked to AM.

Biggie

·
WHO DAT!!
3,242 Posts
Dani California said:
They are on the way to the grave around here. Thats why they've been kicked to AM.

Biggie
You're kiddin right?

You do know that KPRC has a much better signal on AM in Houston than KIOL does on FM, right? Could be because KIOL's tower is in Devers Texas, WAY too far east to give even a marginal signal in areas like Katy or Cypress.

Or the fact that KPRC has always had better ratings than KIOL.

They'll do just fine at the new station, which oddly enough, is owned by the same company they worked for back when KLOL spoke English.

·
Done Wit Dat
7,538 Posts
I've been listening to those guys since I was a 6th grader in New Orleans and they were stationed at 93 WQUE there. They were called the Q morning crew. They had a brief break up there when I was in college at Tulane, but got back together. When I left New Orleans for Waco, I got them on a Dallas station, but they lost that deal. Then I moved to Angleton and could listen to them every morning until suddenly I turned on the radio and heard Mexican Techno music. For the last couple of years, I could hear them here at the house, but not in my car. I'm glad they are going to a higher powered station. I miss Mr. O's Saints reports the most. - Coach

·
These Cats Are Potlickers
1,261 Posts
It is a good thing that they are going to AM. That way all the snivlin and whining they do wont come across the air waves in sterio...only mono. The continued complaining from them has gotten very old over here. Quite frankly it's a good way to clean up the FM stations. They do absolutley nothing in regards to helping the cause of their complaining except chat on the airwaves and bash the President.

Biggie

·
Back in da Saddle
10,148 Posts
I stopped listening to them when they started pimping Kinky all day every day....

Go Sat radio and you will never go back to 45 mins of commericals on the radio....

John

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
They just have the Cajones to tell it like it is regardless of WHO the person or subject may be.

Dani California said:
It is a good thing that they are going to AM. That way all the snivlin and whining they do wont come across the air waves in sterio...only mono. The continued complaining from them has gotten very old over here. Quite frankly it's a good way to clean up the FM stations. They do absolutley nothing in regards to helping the cause of their complaining except chat on the airwaves and bash the President.

Biggie

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
gitchesum said:
You're kiddin right?

You do know that KPRC has a much better signal on AM in Houston than KIOL does on FM, right? Could be because KIOL's tower is in Devers Texas, WAY too far east to give even a marginal signal in areas like Katy or Cypress.

Or the fact that KPRC has always had better ratings than KIOL.

They'll do just fine at the new station, which oddly enough, is owned by the same company they worked for back when KLOL spoke English.
so they are gonig back to Clear Channel? oh, the irony! :D

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
I won't miss them. Let them go to AM where I will never accidentally hear them while searching the radio again. :D That said, I caught a few good songs on 103.7 on the way into work today. Nice to have a station with some music on in the morning. ;)

·
www.mobilityplustx.com
1,950 Posts
Anyone can do that, only a few are lucky enough to get paid for it. Its all about someone somewhere making money off them and nothing more. The main thing they accomplish is assiting the media in the desensitizing of OUR society. No offense meant to anyone, different strokes for different folks but going down hill is going down hill no matter what angle you look at it from.
Hard Head said:
They just have the Cajones to tell it like it is regardless of WHO the person or subject may be.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts