2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across this today. And it made me stop and think about how much product we see in the USA from China and what some of the damage we have seen from what happen with the dog and cat food and other product problem that at the time did seem that big of a deal. Are we slowly becoming a dumping ground and why is the happing!

http://www.lamanaphotography.com/walmart.htm

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are right I sure would hate for this to happen to one of my grandkids! Make me wonder what was in the rubber to do that. I work with acid and caustic and only had a few burns over the 29 years I have worked in chemical plants and those are some bad burns.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Even USA flags are made in China. pretty sad!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Wal-Mart is a nightmare.
They sell cheap Chi-Com junk which I will NOT buy.
That guys feet tell a tale. Listen to them.

G

·
I don't believe it. Walmart sells those by the tens of thousands. He bought it in April.. I bought mine many month ago and wears one as I type this. I saw my neighbor's kid wears them too, don't see any burn mark.

Where are the other victims ? There'd be an outcry already. A poor ex-Walmart employee who is also a photographer ?

·
Old School 2cool
8,283 Posts
Thanks so much for the "heads up". I live in a house full of young girls who really enjoy saving their money for shopping sprees at Wal-Mart. I can easily see where a two dollar pair of flip flops would appeal to them this time of year. Hope your feet get better and that the cause is proven and revealed if it is indeed Wal-Mart. Sure wouldn't want to see "that" happen to mine or anybody elses kiddos! Guy

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
It's not just Wal MArt and China, it's what you don't know that will harm you. China is counterfiting all sorts of things and it is hard to tell the real thing from the fakes. Food products, personal care, clothing, the list is endless. As hard as a person may try to avoid items from China, he is still subject to getting a Chinese fake item.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
BritishSlave said:
It's not just Wal MArt and China, it's what you don't know that will harm you. China is counterfiting all sorts of things and it is hard to tell the real thing from the fakes. Food products, personal care, clothing, the list is endless. As hard as a person may try to avoid items from China, he is still subject to getting a Chinese fake item.
Not to mention OUTBOARD motors.

RL

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Remember in the 80's when Sam Walton had a big "made in the USA" program. It was painted on the sides of his trucks and on product labels.

What ever happened after the old man died?

Do any of you know who has been of the board of directors since then?

However, as long as there is a market.......

·
Hoping to keep some spare change
1,410 Posts
I'm in the water business and those burns look like burns from non-oxidizing biocides that are commonly used to treat cooling towers and closed loops. Perhaps the plant where these were made had a leak of biocide that somehow came into contact with the flops? the biocides will burn you badly, but you won't feel a thing until it's too late. Much different than acids and caustic which have a pretty immediate burn sensation.

·
Lower Keys ShallowSport Club Members: 1
2,188 Posts
Just do like me and avoid Wal-Mart like the plague. I hate Wal-mart with a blood red passion. Why is it so wrong to get your 10W-30 in one store and your bread in another? All the convienence has done is made people spend a ton of money on crud they don't need as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
702 Posts
FYI, a lot of the items from China aren't even fakes. Since they're made over there, they pay the manager to keep the factories running after hours for counterfeit items to be sold on the black market.

Last Summer I went to the Silk Market in Beijing and it was five stories of real items and counterfeits (you could get real pearls for cheap and any kind of fake Burberry, Coach, Louis Vuitton, Tiger Woods golf clubs, Oakleys, Nike, Adidas etc). It was actually closed down this year due to pressure on the government from the big companies and foreign governments.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"PLUMERIA" It's a unknown planted it from seed. :biggrin: It's now a 7 footer that blooms all summer. It's one of the best out of the 150 I have.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
You want to blame anyone blame your own government! They are the ones allowing commerce with China . But we have a embargo with Cuba.FTF?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts