2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a late afternoon trip to BBSP to sort out some things before the trip. Saw James at the check-in. Typical weekend shoot, kids on bikes and skittish quarry.

On my way out James insisted on giving me a lift in the ATV. I had forgotten my flshlight I usually carry in the truck in my haste to get snapping. We stopped and looked at some crayfish snakes and then began our ascent to the 40-Acre Lake parking lot. James explained this area is know for copperheads.

Not 100 yards from the parking lot we stopped the atv. there on the right side of the trail was a copperhead - the largest either of us had ever seen somewhere between 24-30" long. He was stretched out and taking up 40% of the right hand side of the trail. This is exactly where I would have been walking so a great big "Thank You" to James and a warning for the rest of us that visit there. The snake was gorgeous, but I was a little shook at what could have been and forgot to shoot.

James I hope you got out of that storm. Man, it came up fast. Hope you enjoy Waiting on Nightfall.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Was soaked to the bone! It's about 2 miles by trails from where we parted to my campsite. The rain never let up! But of course once I was inside the trailer it stopped. I jokinly said to Rusty that if I saw no snakes last night that I would call him a jinx. Well, I have to retract that statement now.

Beautiful Bull Frog!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts