2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well started feeling like **** this afternoon. Lost all taste and smell at 10:30. Just got a test and counting down 15 minutes.

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
false alarm, looks like the regular variety of sick is still out there. first time for me in about 5 years.

·
Premium Member
15,894 Posts
Well started feeling like **** this afternoon. Lost all taste and smell at 10:30. Just got a test and counting down 15 minutes.
same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I swore that I had it. Taste and smell were back the next morning and my test showed negative. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
false alarm, looks like the regular variety of sick is still out there. first time for me in about 5 years.
Word of caution; my Brother in law tested at home when he first got symptoms & thought the same thing, Then his doctor told him he'd taken the test too soon. Went to his doctor for the test 4 days after onset of symptoms and tested positive.

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hope you get feeling better. Idk what else you could have. Is your sense of smell and taste still gone?
My taste and smell is totally gone. i couldnt taste cough drops and could not smell my wifes perfume. That is the first time in my life that has happened.

I have 0 energy, sweats, chills, cough,fever,headache and my legs hurt.

I'll take the second test around 12.

·
Registered
365 Posts
My taste and smell is totally gone. i couldnt taste cough drops and could not smell my wifes perfume. That is the first time in my life that has happened.

I have 0 energy, sweats, chills, cough,fever,headache and my legs hurt.

I'll take the second test around 12.
Sounds like my wife's exact symptoms from last week (she tested positive). It would be very surprising if you don't have covid....have you done a PCR test?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I had an outbreak at work that shut me down in August. I tested the entire plant and several positives, and 3 people who tested negative on a Saturday were positive the following Tuesday. Hope your negative result holds, good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Twitch..Twitch--->Boom
Majek Texas Slam
5,360 Posts
Sounds like my wife's exact symptoms from last week (she tested positive). It would be very surprising if you don't have covid....have you done a PCR test?
what is pcr test

·
Registered
273 Posts
I work in the medical field and I can tell you like ReedA said there might be a chance you had a false negative. The most accurate test is the send out test that you will get back in 2-4 days. Also, it is very possible to test to early for these "rapid tests" and come back negative then test 2-3 days later and be positive. Just my 2 cents. Hope you get to feeling better and be safe out there its a scary time we live in

·
Registered
POC to Baffin Bay
2,152 Posts
I have 2 coworkers that were sick and tested negative first time around. A few days later positive test after testing again since still felt sick. One is currently in the hospital. Load up on the vitamin C along with a good multivitamin. If you come out positive try and get an antibody infusion asap. Good luck & hope you feel better soon. I still have a nagging cough and get tired super easy.

·
Got better things to do than play games
17,166 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,842 Posts
Not to sound like a nattering naybob of negativity, but the test you took is only correct if it says you are positive. If it says you are negative it isn't as accurate. The loss of taste and smell are a pretty good litmus test regardless of what the quick test shows. I would get the PCR test and in the meantime, try to limit your contact with others and wear a mask.

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks everyone, i took the second home test at lunch and it was negative.

Still feeling terrible, I'll try to schedule the pcr test. i can barely even look at my phone ive been totally laid up all day. took all my energy just to email my work this morning.

·
Got better things to do than play games
17,166 Posts
Unless it in a person's head... hypercondriac (health anxiety) or the power of suggestion.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts