2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it ok for me to wade with my boga sitting in the water the entire time? I've never taken it out of my boat and I hate wading with a net...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Be sure to rinse afterwards and WD40 or corrosion x. The pin in the handle will start rusting and another pin near the jaws. I emailed boga regarding the rusting pins and they said "put oil on them." I've had mine for 3 years.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
I wear mine wading, now whether I can lip a trout as good as I can grab one is questionable. LOL
I use an inexpensive nylon pistol holster and it works great. I rinse it off after fishing and let dry. I put CorrosionX on before I ever used it and about once a month now.

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,581 Posts
I've been dangling mine in the saltwater for years now, lol...my Boga that is.

It won't hurt it but you need to rinse it in HOT water if you want to get all of the salt out of it.

Read the paperwork that came with it and tear it down now and then to give it a really good cleaning.

TH

·
See ya on the flats!
1,840 Posts
When I'm wadefishing in waders I just attach it to the top of my waders just to keep it out of the salt as much as possible. When I'm wadefishing in the summer I just put it in the back pouch of my wadeaid. Like everyone else said...wash it down and oil it.

Late,
Cox

1 - 9 of 9 Posts