2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out a couple of weeks ago with a friend of mine from SA and had a blast. I caught 4 trout biggest being 17" with several other smaller ones, my friend who always out does me, once again had a very impressive day with 1 trout 19", 1 drum 22" and 1 red 24". I was using a Hot Chartreuse Skitter Walk and He was using DOA lures. He stalked the drum thinking it was a red and also stalked the red in about knee deep water.

Went out today by myself and had a good time listening to the peacocks around the boat ramp and catching some trout. Once again I was using my Hot Chart. Skt. and caught two keepers. 1 trout 17" and about a couple of minutes later I landed a nice 24" trout. My personal best at this site using topwater! It was a day to remember! I caught the 24" in the gill plate and I don't think I would have had I not changed out the treble hooks on my topwaters. I strongly recommend that you change out your old hooks and replace them. I used rapala VMC #2

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
My wade (and kayak) spot when I don't want to splash the boat is just west of there. Most of the fish I've caught the last several weeks (all on topwaters) have been just under 15. There are some big fish back in there during the Spring. Shhhh...don't tell anybody. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts