2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I ripped my favorite waterproof wading jacket and I need a new one. I have looked around at Academy and Bass Pro but haven't really found anything I liked. What are y'all using and where did you find it at? I'd like something lightweight and wind/waterproof with a drawstring or elastic bottom and a hood.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
yeah the magellan jacket with the neo cuffs is the way to go.. why spend 450 on a simms when this one is just as good

·
Registered
304 Posts
Jacket

I got Gander Mountains guide series brand and like it. It was about $200 got it on sale after christmas for less. Nice jacket, has hood, no draw string but made well.

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys. Got some good ideas now. I looked at Academy for the Magellan jacket but did not see it anywhere. Where did y'all buy them?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Not all of the Academys have them for some reason. I have seen them in some of the stores. I got mine last year on clearance for $20.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Thanks guys. Got some good ideas now. I looked at Academy for the Magellan jacket but did not see it anywhere. Where did y'all buy them?
They tend to hang them mixed in with other jackets, so they can be hard to find. I'd ask!;)
I got one when my Simms was in for repairs. It's a good jacket for the price.

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
They did not have the Magellen at Academy at grand parkway and I-10. They said they don't carry it, only the mag2 waders. So I got the H20 Express for $69.99. It has the neoprene cuffs. Just picked it up today.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I wear the Mageallan with neoprene cuffs and have been wading and kayaking in the crudiest weather and never get wet or cold...$80.00 @ Academy...can't beat it!

·
cluck, cluck
274 Posts
Howdy Folks,

Just got back from the Pasadena Academy and they had the Magellans there. About 5 khaki and 4 olive in various sizes from medium to XL. They are going for $59.99, are very well made and a great buy for the price.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts