2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanksgiving morning will be my first wade fishing experience outside the summer so I was curious what the preferred clothing would be to stay warm since its forecasted to be mid 40's when I hit the water.

I have waders, but just curious what other types of clothing ya'll wear to stay warm enough to keep fishing all morning? Gloves?

Thanks for any help! Happy Thanksgiving!

Chuck

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
For the relly cold days, I use the neoprene with an old down jacket worn inside, and I have elbow length neoprene gloves. I also have a hat with ear flapes. I might add, it is almost never that cold here.

·
Registered
413 Posts
layer so you can adjust accordingly. long sleeve t, old sweatshirt, windbreaker, skull cap....should be fine. medium weight sweats and socks under breathables should be fine.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I use long pant and sweater underneath my neoproene waders...they keep me warm especially on the really cold days..also a thick socks underneath the waders...plus i wear a beanie to keep my ears warm..it gets pretty cold here in galveston lol..i never wore any gloves..always get wet anyways but doesnt matter to me..u might need one though

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Wear synthetics under breathable waders. Cotton doesn't wick properly and will get clammy.
I wear synthetic long johns and socks, light synthetic fleece pants, waders, long sleeve T-shirt and hooded sweatshirt, with wade jacket over. No gloves.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Breathables will be fine.
I left out the fleece neck gaiter & cap or full hood & goggles for the boat ride.

·
Do you know who I think I am???
5,213 Posts
I like to wear a frog tog jacket and multiple layers.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Savephace Masks

Just to let ya'll know i found these on the internet last year and wear mine when riding in the boat on really cold mornings, they are called savephace masks and man do they work. They have a no fog lens on them keep your eyes from watering when driving wide open in cold weather. Work really well a recomend them to anyone that fishes often in cold weather.

www.savephace.com

·
Banned
2,734 Posts
I like to wear a frog tog jacket and multiple layers.
I've done the Frog Toggs before.NEVER AGAIN....if wadeing waist deep and your elbows are touching the water for any length of time.....they WILL get wet.Best advice I can give is don't skimp on your wadeing jacket.
Layers under a Simms or Wright & McGill wadeing jacket will work wonderfull on your upper half.

·
Do you know who I think I am???
5,213 Posts
I've done the Frog Toggs before.NEVER AGAIN....if wadeing waist deep and your elbows are touching the water for any length of time.....they WILL get wet.Best advice I can give is don't skimp on your wadeing jacket.
Layers under a Simms or Wright & McGill wadeing jacket will work wonderfull on your upper half.
Humm, I have never had a problem with water penatrating them... I would imagine if you have an old togg that gets that hairy look to it, it will leak. Until mine fails I will stick with what I got.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts