2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it was going to be easy to find a good boot for wading since i found the raygaurds at academy.I have looked several places for them and finally good confused by the internet .My idea is,it won't stop a ray barb why do you need it.I sure could use some brand names and suggestions.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
My understanding is that the Ray guard boot and shields are the only product that protects both your total foot and lower leg from stingrays.

Some other shields cover upper foot and lower leg but not total foot coverage.

I have been told that the Hodgeman boot is not stingray proof.

Joe

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Maybe no boot is stingray proof, but Foreverlast Rayguards are the best available for the price. IMO There are snake boots by several makers that MAY stop a stingray barb.

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
kenny said:
Maybe no boot is stingray proof, but Foreverlast Rayguards are the best available for the price. IMO There are snake boots by several makers that MAY stop a stingray barb.
Kenny....I need to show you these Stingray Guardz..they are built alot better that the Foreverlast....but, they are the ShinGauards...I use the Foreverlast Reef Boot with them...If Forverlast would build boots using Cordura, I would gladly pay more for them...

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
jabx1962 said:
Kenny....I need to show you these Stingray Guardz..they are built alot better that the Foreverlast....but, they are the ShinGauards...I use the Foreverlast Reef Boot with them...If Forverlast would build boots using Cordura, I would gladly pay more for them...
Thanks Jeff,
When the tie-wraps break holding my Rayguards together I'll be in the market for something new. I do like just being able to slip mine on and off......quick and easy. I guess a two step process, putting on the boots then the guards, wouldn't be that bad. Do the guards spin around while you're wading?
With your set up, I guess there are four pieces to keep from blowin' out of the boat.LOL
Let's go fishing hombre........ :D

·
Lower Keys ShallowSport Club Members: 1
2,188 Posts
HEADSHAKER said:
My idea is,it won't stop a ray barb why do you need it
You don't wade enough. Get some flats sneakers or marlwalkers and shuffle your feet like the rest of us. You'll thank me after wading in a pair of those bad boys.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Tail Chaser said:
You don't wade enough. Get some flats sneakers or marlwalkers and shuffle your feet like the rest of us. You'll thank me after wading in a pair of those bad boys.
My Rayguards are very comfortable, but they are pretty broken-in. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts