2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past I always used stocking foot waders with booties, no problems.

A few weeks ago, I bought some Redhead neoprenes with lug soled built-in boots.

We went hunting the next day, typical muddy marsh conditions and I got stuck big time. Push one foot down to free the other, and got increasingly stuck. I thought it could have been a particularly sticky part of the marsh we were in, and didn't worry about it.

Yesterday we went again, and the same thing happened. When the mud is sticky, those waders really stick. If I didn't have a buddy with me to give me a hand, I would have had a heck of a problem. Not dangerous, but a pain in the rear.

OK - what do you guys use? I hate to get rid of what I bought, but they're no good for what I use them for, mostly hunting in the marsh.

·
Theoretical Ecologist
2,411 Posts
Yeah boot foot waders are nice when you have a hard bottom and also when you don't have far to walk.

But in our typical boggy marsh they are a bad choice.

These straps help...

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Footwear/Mens-Footwear/Mens-Waders/Wader-Accessories|/pc/104797980/c/104747580/sc/104674680/i/103897080/Cabelas-Boot-Straps/722084.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FN%3D1101203%26WTz_l%3DSBC%3BBRprd722084&WTz_l=SBC;BRprd722084;cat103897080

Pull them as tight as you can and you probably won't have to take them off each time.

·
You'll Never Catch em Like That
7,052 Posts
nothing easy

I use the lace up boots, tried the mudders that you strap on to your boots, used once then sent back.
Thought maybe a snow ski might work, never tried its just work hunting
in the mud.

·
Registered
261 Posts
go to academy and buy a couple youth football belts. wrap them under the boot in front of the heel and back up around your ankles. you can pull them really tight and this will solve the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts