2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use these? Considering purchasing it as I like the placement of the rod holders high up. What's y'all's experience pro's and cons.
Product Azure Sleeve T-shirt Collar

·
work magic box...
2018 Shoalwater Cat 21'
835 Posts
Anyone use these? Considering purchasing it as I like the placement of the rod holders high up. What's y'all's experience pro's and cons. View attachment 4602578
I’ve been using mine for a few years and I love it! Very well made. I love how I can carry a spare rod on my back at an angle and out of the way of my back cast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I just talked to one of the owners. It works fine with waders and it goes on the outside of them.

The boxes are not water proof boxes and he stated those float and tend to get in the way. Also there are no drain holes drilled in the boxes by design. He stated hooks can find their way through the holes and it would be a liability for them if someone got hooked because of it or tore up a set of waders. Makes sense.

I just purchased the combo set with everything. Hopefully get to see how it works soon enough

·
Registered
871 Posts
They look like they have a lot going on.
I try to carry the minimum I can to fish as long as I can.

Keep us posted with how this works out for you.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They look like they have a lot going on.
I try to carry the minimum I can to fish as long as I can.

Keep us posted with how this works out for you.
I just broke a second rod I was carrying to fish tops and Corky's with. The water got deeper and the waves moved the angle it was sitting on my belt. Sucks I have to build another one now but lesson learned. This setup seems to bring everything up top which I think I would prefer. Plus that holder on the front chest strap will be really nice to unhook fish or retie.

But I can see how it would look busy. Just moves all your stuff up instead of on your side down in the water. Hoping it works out well for me

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
So, the only person I know with a belt like this wears it so he can carry an extra rod and he also mounts a GoPro to it. He hasn't had any complaints and doesn't seem limited in any way. I think you'll like it.

I personally don't ever carry a back-up rod. I also don't ever put my rod anywhere other than in my hands or, to remove hooks and handle fish, my armpit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We bought a couple a few years ago. I’ve gone back to the old school belt. I never carry a spare rod. The rod holder on the back whistles when the wind blows and its not easy to get to. It’s a pain to put on compared to a simple belt.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We bought a couple a few years ago. I’ve gone back to the old school belt. I never carry a spare rod. The rod holder on the back whistles when the wind blows and its not easy to get to. It’s a pain to put on compared to a simple belt.
Yep it is a little weird to get on. Regular belt is definitely much easier. But I prefer 2 rods and this setup does hold them nicely. We shall see

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yep it is a little weird to get on. Regular belt is definitely much easier. But I prefer 2 rods and this setup does hold them nicely. We shall see
I have had mine for a few years now and it works great. When wading I only take the minimum in lures anyway and the small box up by my chest keeps everything dry. I just added the pouch from an old belt to hold my pliers. And if I carry a second rod it comes in real handy and is out of the way from casting.works great over my waders also.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
I have one I got just to carry a second rod. I like my floating new better, but in the event I can't bring it, I use the wade-right with a waterproof box.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I’ve got one and I like it. Watch the video on their website for putting it on. for me it’s as easy as putting on a regular wade belt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts