2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ME and my dad are goin wade fishing this friday (tommorow) around the day... Is it goining to be good fishing... you think.

·
Borders, language, culture
6,342 Posts
If you really are going to fish the pass BE CAREFUL. Wear a pfd. Don't become a statistic.

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
Good luck SurfKing, you and your POP be safe, with the wind blowin like it has been, currents will be strong and chances are it will be choppy and the water sandy....

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
SurfKing

Stuart is so correct. Id stay away from the pass, and the currents. Try staying west of the pass. Try around the Maytag. Or anywhere that looks like a good place to park. Its just like that. Search, and hunt. Look at the wind, the tidal movement, and the current. Maybe Stuart will agree. Try the grass flats for Flounder and Reds. Forget Trout.

BTW. Since you fishing with your Dad. Just make it a good day. The fishing may not be all that great. But just being out there will be just fine. Look for nice spots, and enjoy. Dont get hardcore. The bite wont be all that good. Da Flingas best bet, live shrimp, Carolina rigged.

Enjoy!

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
James.

Its basically a leader tied to a barrel swivel. This is what I like. On my main line, Ill run a 3/16th oz brass bullet weight, point towards the rod tip, up the line. Then one glass bead. Then Ill tie the main line to barrel swivel. The glass bead, will protect the knot at the swivel, from damage from the weight hitting the knot. This also serves another purpose. The brass weight can slide up and down the main line. When the brass weight hits the glass bead, it clicks. Lead wont do that.

CLICKS

When the water is off color, the added sound, well, you know. It attracts fish. They cant really see to well, so, increase your chance with sound. Presentation, is important. Thats what I cant explain, utill I hook up. After the swivel, Ill add 20 lb BG. The length depends on the current. The stronger the current, the shorter the leader. The west bay isnt really known for Trout, so I would bump the bottom. Id try 18". Run a 1.0 Daiichi blood bait circle hook.:cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts