2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Come and Take it
Majek Xtreme 22’ w/225 SHO
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tobin, I actually didn’t think about that. I would prefer something small to just keep some extra lures/jigs, pliers and that’s about it. May not need a belt and what you’re referring to would work.

· Jeremiah 29:11
6,165 Posts
I like the Foreverlast belts from Academy... Come with just about everything you need.

Only thing I'll say is get you a waterpoof Plano box and ditch the one that comes with the belt. You'll also be replacing the pliers after a few trips

· Registered
5,600 Posts
i'm an old school belt guy, everything in one place on the belt. I have a nu-mark no longer made just added the boom hook remover with a custom made sheath. takes about 10 seconds to rinse lures and box after trip.

· Registered
9 Posts

Try this on for size!

We had a guide from the SPI come by and want the belt built exactly like this.
It was a hit so we made extra.
I have a few on the shelf. Can make more easily.

Apologies to any Admins if this isn't allowed.

· Registered
53 Posts
I have used belts but they always seem to slip down. I think that over the shoulder is the way to go. I bought a Stinky Pants sling at Angler's Edge and I like it. There is also the Matagorda Sling that adds a rod holder, but I thought that might get in the way.

· Registered
5,600 Posts
Bay Devil Belts. Custom made to whatever your liking. I’ve had mine for years with no tears or issues. Very well constructed and made in Texas.

pretty cool not in the market but this would be where I'd go. haven't seen any quality belts recently, I'd like to eventually put my hands on one of these just to check out the quality.

· Registered
POC to Baffin Bay
2,701 Posts
I may buy myself one of the Bay Devils for Christmas. The only thing I didn't like on the website was it sounds like there isn't much adjustability in size, I think it said 3 inches each way.

· Registered
3,520 Posts
Hookset. Velcro is a PITA to adjust just right. Hookset's belt and clamp adjusts easily to your waste line, either wading wet or with waders and has enough attachments to take care of your stringer & a Boga or net.

And my lures go in a box with a shoulder strap.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts