2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys and gals, if you would like to voice your opinion on the proposal for shutting down the season the please go to the link below
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/business/feedback/public_comment/

there are spots to post for your opinion on the hunters choice this year as well as some other things. If you don't want the season to close down then here is your chance to say something about it. if the link above doesn't work then you can go to
[email protected]

·
www.RipCharts.com
1,855 Posts
I heard that there was some kinda "secret meeting" where some folks were pushing that the season close based on "some facts".

Just wondering what those facts were?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes there was a secret metting were only some people that are for closing the season were invited. the group that i am involved with just got wind of it the other day by the TP&W represenative. It is my opinion that the major outfitter in Katy and most of you know who that is, wants the season closed. He seems to think that the CO season is the reason for the decline of snow geese in Texas. It has nothing to do with that. it has to do with lack of rice agriculture. the fact that Arkansas planted nearly 1.5 million acres in rice. and the fact that the katy prarie is being overun with new homes and airports

·
Registered
26 Posts
Closing the Season

Several friends and I have all emailed Dave Morrison personally to petition to keep the season open. He has responded to each of us w/ the same answer. According to him there are several guides at this meeting (that many others didn't know about apparently), pretty sure I know who he's talking about, who want to close the conservation season and blame the lack of geese in the Katy area on the excessive pressure during conservation season. These "guides" are the same land brokers that will put hunters in non-feeding fields just to make their money and give reports of "slow" hunting when there are no geese around. This is BS, it could be the lack of agriculture and the houses/strip centers/RV dealerships, etc. that are being built on old rice fields around Katy. Many geese are simply relocating to food sources further west and south. He also states the lack of hunter participation (which contradicts what the guides above are complaining about) and the fact that it has not helped lessen the damage on the tundra in their breeding grounds up north both as reasons to close it. My point to him is even if it's not helping, it can't be hurting anything. It provides guides a longer season (more income), potentially gives a person a better chance of a hunt of a lifetime, and provides us hunters a lengthened oppurtunity to participate and promote our sport and rights to hunt. Everyone keep emailing Mr. Morrison at TPWD, he says he will use our pro-conservation season arguments at thier next meeting to try to keep it in existence.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
larry gore

Well it sounds to me like LARRY GORE is loosing money. He is the one who wanted to make all the money and now it looks like things are not going his way! maybe we shoud send him some tissues to wipe his tears! That is my 2 cents worth. He also tried to mess all the smaller guides out of the land they had..I know this for a fact because he tried to do it to me! but it didnt work!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.