2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard for several months that trout are running at the reefs around the vict barge canal. I fish port o'connor frequently but have not been in San Antonio bay. Appreciate any info as to what reefs to fish and specific tips as to how to approach the fshn spots.
Thanks to all.

Tight lines.

Sonny

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sonny, Fished POC three days last week, the barge canal had plenty of 13-14 inch trout, fished it two weeks ago same story, mostly fished with GULP or tops. Had another boat with on the trip two weeks ago they tried live bait and a few different arties with the same result.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Sonny, I think that with the north winds coming in, should pull out some of the water so you can see the reefs close to VBC. Then maybe you will get some keeper size trout. That is what I am planning to do this weekend. Using gulps and other arties. Goodluck.

poc-ed

·
Registered
99 Posts
SA Bay

I fished most of the mid bay reefs on the Aransas side and there were alot of 14" trout but if you stayed at it you could come across some keepers. Ended up with 8 trout and they were all from different reefs. The fresh water was almost all the way to the ICW but still caught them in the fresh water. Not sure how all this extra rain will affect 'em. At least the cold should put them in deeper holes!!
Fin

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,679 Posts
Headed that way myself next weekend. We usually fish that area some in the winter. I will post up a report if we get into em.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts