2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
vertigo raceway
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vertigo raceway will be open this weekend fri sat and Sunday. Come by and check it out. We will try to have a race next weekend. The track is looking real nice. Let hope there is no rain.

·
vertigo raceway
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
10 for pratice and 25 for races. 1/8 buggy and truggy. Slash class. Free for all class. We will see what happens and how many people show up. No members just 10 to pratice. But you show up at 10 and we close late so you can pratice all day long.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thats not to bad for on person with one car. But me my girlfriend and my 2 boys have cars thats $40.00 plus the entry fee to race.

·
Banned
64 Posts
if you race it will be 25.00 per person not 10 plus the 25..lol and as far as the cost I guess the Vertigo guys should have spent all their time and money to build a nice place for the rc guys to run their TOY cars for free huh?? lolol ...No wonder this area dont have hardly any tracks...

·
Banned
64 Posts
Im sorry really wasnt directing the free thing at you ..more for the guy whining bout 10 to run ALL DAY..Anyways if you go to a actual race you only pay 25 that includes your practice up till the race starts, and I think Vertigo will let you run all the classes you want all for 25 instead of 25 1st class then like 15 for second and so on.. My point about the free thing was/is if guys are gonna whine about 10.00 to run on a nice place these guys spent time/money building is just proof why r/c in H-town is/will be doomed... lolol..

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Sounds like mwb wants to buy the first round of practice for everyone ;)

How you been doing Mike? You back in town to stay for a while or waiting on the next gig?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I can see $10/practice getting people upset when other tracks charge $5. You will have to put things into perspective when you get to the track. We put alot of time, effort, and $$ into building a top notch track and at $5 we would be closed in no time. One of the biggest enemies to a track that isn't covered is rain. If we are closed 2 weekends due to rain, a $10 practice fee will barely keep the lights on. Like th last post said, its no wonder tracks keep closing. We have to face the reality that gas isn't $1/gallon, bread isn't 50 cents, and the movies aren't $5 on Friday nights anymore. Prices have gone up on everything. It would be nice if w had no overhead and did this for fun in our back yard, but then we couldn't offer the fun to the entire city. We would have to be private. One night of entertainment at a movie theater can easily surpass $100 and that only lasts 2 hours. Go to a mx track, $20, golf fees, $20 and plus, gun range fee, $10.

We just ask that you come by to check out the facility and meet our friendly staff before judging what we consider a fair price. If we could afford to make it any less expensive, we would, but there is no way you would have a track in Alvin after a year at $5 a practice.

Sorry for the long explanation, but this is the second back and forth about out fees that has been posted and I think the explanation will help put our prices into perspective.

And just for clarification, $10 practice is for the day. So once paid, you can come and go the entire day. For races, $25 a person lets you race as many cars as you own that race. No additional fees for additional cars. Hope for no rain so we can play this weekend!

·
Paul Schulz
1,798 Posts
vertigoat, just keep doing what ya doing, stick to your guns...People need to realize that a facility is not going to survive if there werent any fees.
People, bite the bullet and support what Vertigo has to offer.....we need to mkake Houston one of the premier raceing city in Texas....

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
And also realize that this is an internet forum........everybody uses it for different reasons, and one of them is to express their opinion (which they are entitled to). So, one or two people posting that they are unhappy with the fees or rules or something does not mean that the other 99% are unhappy as well.

Like Paul said, just charge the $10 and I'd bet you that $10 back that they'll show up and pay you to practice.....regardless of what is said on here!

We all understand your plight, and we all stand behind you guys because we believe in what you're doing!

Rock on my friends!!!!

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
so, can you post up some pictures of the track with the pipe laid down? I haven't seen it since I went out there several weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I paid 10 to practice before. It's not strange to pay that much, it was indoors however. But, they only had one track in comparison to 3 or 4 with you guys.

Maybe a membership will work in the future but, as for now $10 is fine. It's not like you didn't mention it before when you were breaking ground or what not. The good thing is that they know before they go out there. So they know what to expect.

What other places are charging has nothing to do with you guys. I rather pay $10 and stay on my side of town than pay $5 to practice and $50 for a tank of gas the next day. Save $5 to spend $50.

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
Ya on one level 10 is more than 5 but heck these guys put many thousands into their track and it is absolutely fair they get reimbursed for their effort.

·
Having fun, one tiny car race at a time!
403 Posts
I agree. I wish it was a little less but I'm sure these guys have figured out what it's gonna take to keep them in business. I want Vertigo to stick around so if $10 is what it takes, I'll pay it.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts