2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, one of my really good friends has a uncle that lives in veracruz mexico.. his house is right near the beach... anyway he invited us to go fishing out there ... only thing is that we have no idea what kind of fishing to do over there .. has anyone fished veracruz before ? .. is surf fishing good there ? ..how about offshore ? ... any info would help if any of you have fished there ..thanks

animal

·
Iusedtofish
2,893 Posts
There is a guy from Veracruz on the Tarpon board, you might try posting up there. I have been there several times, but was during sailboat races and was unable to fish.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Animal,

I am currently working out of Veracruz these days. While at the airport last week, I picked up a news paper and saw a picture of a blue marlin (380 pounds) hanging from the scales. It was the winning fish from a local tournament. So I know there are marlin to be caught out of Veracruz. It is a pretty nice town along the beachfront.

·
Banned
798 Posts
I saw a pic of a 199 pound tarpon caught there in the boaters world in Brownsville last weekend..the pic said it was caught in May, looked like a tourney. That is a pig ****.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.