2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
captain william wall
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to fish both days of this past weekend and the fishing as well as the weather was rough to say the least. I had the Casey group for both days and the forecast on Friday had called Sat. at 10-15 mph. Saturday morning the wind was blowing hard out of the north and the cold temps didn't help much. We wahoo fished all of the rigs in the 93 block and then jogged over toward the lump with no love. The wind was blowing one way and the current was pushing opposite which made for some wicked waves on top of the lump. We stopped at 143 and picked up six amberjacks in the 30-40lb range and made our way back east a little trying for wahoo but it wasn't happening. We headed for the barn early to get warm and get out of the Gulf Of Mexico washing machine. Sunday the winds had calmed down slightly and I made the decision to go tuna fishing. We were able to make 30mph in a side sea with little or no bumps along the way. To make a short story shorter, we went 2 for 3 on yellowfin in the 60lb class and were grateful for those guys. The wahoo bite is any day now. Once this arctic blast goes thru we should be right in the thick of it. Stay warm guys and be safe.

Captain William Wall
Pelagic Charters
www.pelgaicchartesllc.com
F/V ALL IN

Attachments

·
Salty Dawg
7,695 Posts
Nice job of making the best of tough conditions.
Is that Thunder Horse?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts