2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the difference between the buggy and the ST besides the truck body ?? I do know theres a price difference on tower so was just wondering if one had somethingthe other didnt .

·
Banned
4,250 Posts
I know the front suspension is very different, and converting back and forth can potentially run you as much as purchasing one of each.

·
www.mobilityplustx.com
1,950 Posts
There's a pretty good and long thread on rctech. My understanding besides being taller,larger tires, I think the electronics were improved. May have been a drive line improvment also. I have the article at home. I'll ck at lunch and post up anything else. The ST is a great RTR. I've got 2, one's a rental and Jose was in the battle for 1st all day with it at the last race.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
The buggy and truck are totally different. The truck is much wider, longer shocks and totally different suspension geometry.

·
Banned
4,250 Posts
Oh yeah, now I remember! The truck has pivot ball front suspension......that's the main difference.

But I remember seeing lots of threads about how the best thing to do is just to buy the ST and if you want a buggy to just mod the body posts and stick a buggy body on it. The truggy seems to do better at the track.

There has been a long standing debate about whether C-Hub or PBS suspension is better for any car, ranging from 1/8 scale down to 1/18 scale. I can tell you that I've personally owned cars with both types, and if that's the only thing holding up your decision, it doesn't really make that much difference......you can make more of a difference with setup and practice.

·
www.mobilityplustx.com
1,950 Posts
Pivot ball, yes. I knew it was a redesign. Never saw the buggy. I'm a truck kinda guy!!

·
Banned
4,250 Posts
I knew I had seen this somewhere......you need everything on this list to convert, plus CVD's to convert from a buggy to an ST, so you really need to decide one or the other (or buy both!)

if you have the buggy this is what you will need to convert it to the ST
Qty Stock # Description
1 DTXC7461 DRIVE SHAFT VENDETTA ST (4)
1 DTXC8210 KNUCKLE ARM FR VENDETTA ST (2)
1 DTXC6264 PIVOT BALL STUD VEND ST (6)
1 DTXC9247 SHOCK TOWER FR AL VENDETTA ST
1 DTXC9248 SHOCK TOWER RE AL VENDETTA ST
2 DTXC9012 SHOCK SET COMPLETE VEND ST (2)
1 DTXC9344 UPPER ARM RE VENDETTA ST (2)
1 DTXC9543 UPPER ARM FR VENDETTA ST (2)
1 DTXC6432 BODY MOUNT SET VENDETTA ST
1 DTXC9585 SUSP ARM FRONT VENDETTA ST (2)
1 DTXC9586 SUSP ARM REAR VENDETTA ST (2)
1 DTXC9652 TIE ROD SET VENDETTA ST
2 DTXC9688 SQ BLOCK TIRE VENDETTA ST (2)
2 DTXC9849 DISH WHEEL WHT VENDETTA ST (2)
1 DTXC6576 BODY UNPAINTED & DECAL VEND ST

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll probably just go with the ST. Now time to convince the wife that I NEED it...... Since I barely race as it is its gonna be a tough one.

·
www.mobilityplustx.com
1,950 Posts
Congrats by the way! Did not know you guys had married.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts