2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Looks like a great cage.
Could you give the size of the cage?
And looks like you used sheet metal screws on the bottom.
What size of sheet metal screws did you use?
Thanks

·
Registered
774 Posts
hey ledford that use to be my warehouse. i almost took that cage for a dog kennel.the old owner of the building said i could have it befor we moved.had i taken it im sure it would still be in my barn not being used.glad i left it now. you guys are in the ship resupply biz right? fixin to be busy with over 200 ships waiting to get in. good job on those cages.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The dimensions are 23.5" x 23.5" x 16" made out of 1.5" angle iron and the mesh is a 1" x 2" pattern. I took 3 inch sections of 2" angle and flipped them over to mount them to the barrel. I am not sure the exact size of the screw used. We had the cages from Academy that where 1' x 1' x 1' and all this did was give them something to hold on to while they spun out as much corn as they wanted to. They only needed to reach in about 4" to get to it. Now I think they almost need 1'.

Just to give you an example of how bad it was, we had a feeder we put 6 50 lb. sacks of corn in, at the start of July and when we got ready to throw it the spinner would not spin so we left it. We went down the 2nd weekend of August and that sucker was empty.

Hopefully this will keep them out or slow them way down.

Nokill, I am actually in Midland Tx, and this is a drill bit warehouse. We had 3 extra panels of what we call the bit cage, and that is what I used. I got out for about $45 for six, and if I would have bought everything new it would have been around $80 per cage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts