2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Texas Lady Angler
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are taking a driving vacation up to the southern part of Oklahoma to go 4 wheelin (and hopefully fishing in a river). We are then going to take a few extra days to drive around maybe over to Arkansas or Louisiana. Can anyone suggest some things to do or sites to see. My husband is big into photography and I'm trying to stear us towards some pretty spots.

How's the inshore saltwater fishing in Louisiana? What part would be best to go to and hire a guide to take me fishing?

·
Occupational Hazard
888 Posts
If you are going to be in arkansas, with fourwheelers...Head for Glenwood, Arkansas...When you get in town ask the locals to tell you the way to the Blue Hole...Theres alot of great four wheeler trails though the National Forest and the Blue hole is definately a sight to see...Glenwood is about 45 minutes from Hot Springs and the Blue Hole is about a 25 minute four wheeler ride from Albert Pike...

·
Occupational Hazard
888 Posts
Albert Pike would be a great place to see also...the little missouri river flows through the town and has some awesome swimming holes...

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Search the Buffalo National River, Arkansas...Awesome....140 miles of Kodiak Moments....Fishing...canoeing,,,wild but user friendly....

We are going back next year.....

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
There's a little town in Oklahoma near Texarkana that has the worlds largest peanut. A great photo-op. LOL

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
There is a little town called Destin, FL that would make a good get away with some nice photo ops. :)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
One of our favorite spots in Arkansas is Mountain View http://www.ozarkgetaways.com/index.html Whether it's sitting around the Court House square listening to "pickup groups" playing great mountain music in the evening or fishing the White River it's a great place to visit. If your there on the weekend be sure to drop by Jimmy Driftwoods Barn for more great music.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
i lived in southern oklahoma untili was 20, on of the prettiest lakes is lake murry between ardmore and marietta( my home town) do over to broken bow to the kiaichis those are some of the prettiest mountans in my book and the game wardens a good fella if you see him tell him chad said hi. i think the towm is call eagle town that is where all the warhouser land is, that is in the med bow national park. there is a camp ground there called medicine falls this is up in the kiamichi mountains, and to date one of my favorite places. all that land down thee is pretty amazing

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Just got back from a fishing trip to Cocodrie, La. Nice area, good fishing, we caught lots of trout but no size to them. There is a marina there, can't remember the name but they have a website. Several guides fish out of there.

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
Look at Bull Shoals ARK. And Flippin. Once you go there i know you will not want to come back. ONe hour from Steak and Shake in Branson. Eureka Springs is reaaly nice too. White water trout fishing at its best at Gatsons White Water Resort.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Go to beavers bend state park in Oklahoma, they have some great trout fishing. They have canoe trips and horsebackriding. Neat area, its right below Broken Bow lake. Use to go all the time when i was in dallas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you would like to fish for fresh water trout in Arkansas I can put you on some. I live about 20 minutes from the Little Red river and the bite has been good lately. We generally catch rainbows and the occasional brown and average about 70 fish a trip. Also, there are great photo ops and Heber Springs lake and dam are close. If you need any other info. let me know!

JL

·
Texas Lady Angler
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow, thanks for all the great information. All I know about the place we are going 4 wheeling in Oklahoma is that it is in Southeast Ok in the Kamaichi Wilderness in Little River Ranch. After we leave there we will wonder through Arkansas and hopefully Louisiana. I've never seriously tried fresh water trout fishing and will probably take some fishing gear with me. However, I'm not a fly fisherman so I guess I just won't look the part.

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
HERES some pics

OH it is a must, i never thought fishing could be so beautiful. We rented alittle boat for like 35.00 with a tiny motor. Look up Gatsons or Gastons Resort. I GUARANTEE a memory of a lifetime. We went there last year for evacuation of storm, and we are going back this time.

Attachments

·
Texas Lady Angler
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
fishnlab -- I have been there and do love it. Not to keen on leaving it if even for a short vacation. I'll get back here as quick as I can. I was born in Texas and I'll die in Texas.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts