2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

vacation ideas, fishing trip sept,oct,nov

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  assassinator 
#1 ·
my wife wants to go somewhere in sept, oct or nov. but doesnt know where. my father-in law works for american airlines, so i can fly standby to anywhere in continental us for free. my mom has a timeshare w/ benifits to other timeshares where we can stay for free. she told me I can use a week. so all i want is a day of fishing out of it. where is the fishing hot in the fall. anywhere in the U.S. any sugestions?

#7 ·
my dad lives in Apollo beach just south of Tampa so I have seen my share of manatee. sea cows are low on my list of things I must see more of, kinda boring if youve seen them dozens of times. where is the best fishing in the fall? are sailfish in the Keys a "sure thing" in oct?

#9 ·
I wouldn't say sure thing when talking about fishing, but between October and March you have a really good shot at sailfish in south Florida..

From a south Florida fishing site:
October - December
In Miami, the mullet run takes place and feasting on them will be tarpon, snook, jack crevalle, and shark. Offshore, the kingfish show up in larger numbers by middle to late November. Dolphin begin their southerly migration in October. Sailfish become more prominent starting in October.

#10 ·
Not a plug, but last fall, I went down to Chokoloskee Fl and spend 4 days fishing the Everglades from a kayak with Capt. Charles Wright. It was a blast and Charlie is the real deal. While the weather was a little to the contrary and put the tarpon down, we caught some good snook, lot's of trout and other fish. Fly into Ft. Meyers on the West of Miami on the east and cruise over.

#11 ·
I went to mexico last month for my brothers wedding and we went fishing. I caught a sailfish but we only had one fish on the whole day. we spent 6 hours fishing and almost $600 and I am the only one who felt a fish. she doesnt want to repeat that. she wants to fish with me too, so we are looking to avoid a 6 hour boat ride. , so before we make vacation plans we are looking for fishing hotspots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.