2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I just got my boat back sat., & now the fun part of rigging the electronics back up, I cancelled my Ala., & Destin trip. Had to take out the wires in the tube, so it didn't get fried on the weld job. The t-top is rock solid now, extra bracing-& plates w/4 bolts sandwiched between the top, & underside. Hope it stays intact. So, picked up a long Las Vega$ layover sun. night, back mon., night. Going deep on Tues. Hope my luck changes for Vega$, & that elusive STAR Mahi. Also, repropped the boat, to the correct props, so it will be a test run so to speak, but thinking of heading out about 70 miles. I'm pretty sure of 1 guy going, but can take 2 more. Split on expenses, probably around $125-150, if we venture out that far. No drinking, no banana's, & no spats. Aloha & tight lines!

·
Registered
298 Posts
We are probably going deep on Monday and back in on Tues. We are planning on Boomvang - Nancen - Teq - Salvador Ridge - 22.5's - or German Charlies - if the weather holds like the forecast says. Maybe we'll see you out there- '83 wellcraft with '83 Mercs. "Fish'em-Up" on 16 and 68.

P.S. Who do you work for? - We may work together... Is it CAL by chance?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Flyboy said:
P.S. Who do you work for? - We may work together... Is it CAL by chance?
Mahiseeker - cal
captjordan - swa
myself - swa

Have fun out there. Im sure the motors will like the smaller wheels better. Happy to hear the t-top is better.... Enjoy it out there.

Victor

·
Banned
2,026 Posts
Mahiseeker
where do you put out from ?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Wade,
Good luck on Tuesday with the welds and props. (The catching part too)
I wish I could, but I'm a weekend warrior now.
A 2cool world for the airline industry. (I'm an Air Force vet, so can I join the club?)

·
good looking single member
6,603 Posts
We are going to try it again Wade we caught a 52 inch bull mahi yesterday. Going out for more today this am.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Good luck Wade, too bad I gotta work. LBB, OKC, AUS, what a great way to spend 4 days huh.

Too bad on your Florida / Bama trip. I bet it would've been fun.

Rob

·
Registered
298 Posts
Staybent - Maybe we should call it the 2coolforce :D

Well it was my day for the slow ride home. :hairout:

We stopped at 22'5s and picked up our dinner on the way out to the floaters. At about 52 miles out the left engine ran hot. The water pressure had dropped to 2psi. Heading back to Freeport we were running the left engine less than 3000 rpm and it would stay cool, while we were running the right engine hard and were able to 20kts. At about 25 miles out we lost all water pressure on the left engine and could only make about 8 knots on the right. We were too heavy to get up on plane on one motor.

After getting back to the barn we pulled the lower unit and the pump impeller had spun on its hub. I have never seen this before! The keeper was good and the impeller blades were good. These impellers have only about 8 hours run time on them. I could hold the driveshaft and spin the impeller freely.

On the long ride in we decided to eat, fired up the Generator and Microwaved some Snapper, Pork ribs, Shrimp, and some Venison Sausage. We were supposed to eat these at Boomvang! It was all good but I think it could have been better without the bummout mood I was in.

The water was slick and couldn't have been better for a long run. Well Maybe next time!

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Flyboy, sorry to hear of the long trip home, but you made it. Sounds like you fix was a do-it-yourselfer. Another flat day and you're back where you left off. Back in 2coolforce.

Wade: Where are you? Did you get out? Post up them pics. (Today was punishing seeing how good the weather was and I at work)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts