2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ernest, myself, and SSNJOHN are leaving at first light Friday for Port Eads, La, 30 miles downriver from Venice. Ernest was kind enough to let me tag along for this years Uncle Vic Invitational for Bertram owners and guests. I hope to be able to help Ernest catch piles of marlin, dolphin, tuna, etc. I'm a pretty good deckhand and skipper.

I don't remember being this excited before a trip. Lots of logistics and planning by Ernest will, I think, foretell of a great trip to one of the great locations for gulf coast bluewater fishing. The 100 fathom line is only 7 miles from our headquarters at the New Orleans Big Game fishing club in Port Eads. No roads lead into or out of town, no plumbing, no fancy anythings. Access is by air or boat only. My kind of place.

We are headed over by boat to Intracoastal city, La. Friday night, and on into port Saturday if everything goes according to plan. I'm hoping Murphy and his backasswards law stays clear of us this next week and 1/2. I think SSNJohn is planning to somehow post some reports from the water, he's a heck of alot smarter than I am. If not, I'm sure we'll give a rundown when we return on the 28th. Here's a link to the 2002 event-Tom

http://www.bertram31.com/uvii/2002/

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
You Dogs!!!

I know Ernest has Lit B in tip top shape. Have fun going down the ditch ( river what them louisiana capts call it ) and enjoy the view it will be a long ride and I hope you don't have a long wait at the locks.
Eads ought to be hoppen with the billfish tourney going on now till sat. Hope that rip is still happening just out side the south pass and stay close to the rocks when you go through there...... been aground with a capt that insisted that was the shallow side..... ouch!...wasn't my boat.
Have fun , be careful and tear them up....wish I was going but work...work...work.
Ernest the wife going?.....she is always welcome to come by the beach house and hang out .....uhh errr...help babysit the boys lol !
joker

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Thanks for the comments Joker. Wife is not going. She got an invite, but politely declined in that its just a bit too hard core for her. She did offer to fly over and be our designated angler focusing exclusively on reeling in the catch.

Our hope is that the billfish boys from this week don't hammer them too hard due to the weather.

Anything can happen. Could be heaven, could be heell, could be something in between. Fingers definitely crossed on the boat.

I only hope I get to see both Tom and John, using stand up tackle, pinned to the gunnels by a big fish, sweating like a pig, muttering incoherently, and having the time of their lives.

·
Gig Em! '94
1,388 Posts
Awesome! I have been reading about this get together every year and I hope someday to join in. I WILL have a Bertram 31 someday. I am saving my pennies in a stock fund each month awaiting the day... Have a great, safe trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts