2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that came with my Curado? they're weights for the centrifigul brake, but what's the difference between the green and pink?

while we're discussing weights, what configurations are you using on the 200DSHV Curado? i set mine at three on/three off and got occasional backlashes, but very light and easily manageable. casts soooo much better/smoother/farther-with-less-effort than my Abu. sorry, Abu.

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,668 Posts
Once you go from Abu to Shimano you won't go back.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'll stay with my ABU's...thank you

That reel cant hold enough line if you happen to hook into something really big.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah. i think i lose like 60-ish yds of 12# mono but even reeling in a medium-size jack that peeled off a bunch of line (on the Abu) it still didn't get anywhere close to spooling me. making those loooooong casts with Super Spooks on the Curado still left plenty of line on the spool so if i get spooled any time in the future, it just wasn't meant to play to my hand. all that said, my Abu 5500C3 has been rock solid with only a bit of crust on the brass spool gear and only been cleaned out once. Abu: short for Abuse? just kidding.

·
Retired opinionated old fart
19,909 Posts
I appreciate this forum, and the help that Bantam gives. I don't have the money to collect Rolex's or sports cars, but I do have a lot more Shimano baitcasters than I need. You can't help but love the precision.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts