2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,572 Posts
They've already been running doe on our place north of Utopia but it will really take off after Thanksgiving if it's not right now with the weather we're having.

TH

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Whjen I leased a ranch there, we use to judge it by the 15 of November and they'd run till just after Thanksgiving.

FYI...the traffic on I-10 coming back to Houston on Sunday use to be hectic from Sealy on.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I hunt just north of Utopia and opening week I saw two different bucks running does.....One was a definate shooter 8 pointer and the other was a young 8 pointer......I held off and took a big axis buck later in the morning........Lots of free ranging axis on our lease.........As said in previous posts, the rut peaks around Thanksgiving........I've taken some real good bucks during that time frame, including a big 8 pointer with a 20" spread..........I'm heading back after Thanksgiving, in hopes of bagging another good one.

·
Reel Boy - Team Reel Blessed
1,827 Posts
We are heading up to our lease in a few hours for 9 days. (3 miles behind Garner State park). Hope the rut is going strong this coming week. We haven't seen hardly anything but elk and aoudad coming to the feeders.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts