2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senior Member, do I get a discount?
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Horn fans out there see the game this weekend? Curious on how Vincent Young looked.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was there. The game was great. Everyone seemed very sharp and the team finally played as a "Team". They were gang tackling, blocking down field, Cedric ran hard, and Vince threw some great touch passes. He also wasn't in such a hurry to scramble, but when he did, he gained some good yards. I know it is early, but they are looking very good. The running back from North Texas led in total yards last year and was projected to be better this year. Texas held him to practically nothing.

·
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did Chance play any? I really hope Mack commits to a QB this year and sticks with him. I just hope that Vincent can handle OK, tired of those darn Sooners!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great game. The defense held their top running back to -8 yards on the ground!

Chance is hurt right now so Nordgren (sp?) got a lot of the 2nd half snaps

·
459 Posts
How bout them aggies

What an effort on defense, I could really care less if the Aggies win or lose (until they play the Horns).

I'm just amazed how bitter they are towards the horns...

·
Registered
91 Posts
I sure hope that UT looked good and NT just didnt look bad. NT is suppose to be a decent team this year. We will find out how the horns season might look like when they play Arkansas this weekend. Big horns fan here and if they do only alright this year, it might be the end for M. Brown at UT...........O

·
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think Mack Brown is living on borrowed time right now, If OK blows us out again i think that will be his end. I just hope we beat AR, lost that bet last year with my in-laws, **** the luck!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have no idea how Mack has managed to keep his job. He's got the best players that money can buy, and he cant win a championship. Yea, he wins alot of games, but he dosent win the BIG games.

Hook 'em Horns

Zach, May '04

·
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, all you got to do is beat A&M and Oklahoma, Nebraska and Arkansas oh and K-state.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
We'll see

I saw a different team on Saturday. I saw a swarming defense and an explosive offensive line. Granted, UNT is not OU, but they have been a fairly successful program. I think they won 9 games last year and returned a bunch of starters.

But 65 against them is not that big a deal. I saw a bunch of walk-ons playing for UT in the second half.

I think the new defensive coaching crew is going to make a big difference.

·
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The thing that is going to effect UT the most against OU is Vincent Young, he has to play smart. Can't force the throws and if there isn't an open reciever tuk and run. He should never throw interceptions or the ball away with his running skills. I still don't understand why they would pull Vincent and put in Chance, leave him in the game as a slot back or split end. Chance is an excellent passer but Vince is a playmaker. Cedric has also got to have a career game, you ain't going to beat OU with 28 yards rushing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts