2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you heard of this product? I saw it on one of the fishing shows, never heard of that reel before. If you have, what has been your expierence with them. May need to get one just to try it out.

sb:>

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm going to be buying one soon, I'll probably go w/ the 230 xl and maybe match it up w/ a castaway skelleton rod. I've been using more spinning reels than casting reels over the past couple of years. I think it's the way to go and you can fish all day without getting worn out. I'll let everyone know what I think about it once I try mine out.

·
Rain Rain Go AWAY
1,180 Posts
I heard good and bad

I hear good and bad a few people love em one person didnt....

·
Registered
371 Posts
Mikew,

My clothes are probably made in china,sri lanka,and whoever knows where else. My post about the reels being made in china is just personal observation that the ones that are made there are of lesser quality than the ones made in japan.

Just my $.005

·
Registered
270 Posts
I love the two I have. Loaded with PowerPro and will cast a freaking mile...

·
Life is a Trip!
819 Posts
Yes! We have been using them since May for our spinning reel clients. Even after many days of swimming in hypersaline water, you turn the handle and they go bang. The drag system is great. We've been using 20/6 braid on them...seems about perfect. If I used a spining reel this would be the one.

·
Life is good on the bayou..
3,937 Posts
They were designed for braided line and have a large spool compared to a typical size reel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts