2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Remember the Veterans
8,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10 year old Dalmation. She has been ill for a couple of days. Last night she discharged blood all over the livingroom. I'm having a hard time even writing this. I'll be taking her to the vet this morning. I fear the worst.

She is the most dear, sweetest animal I have ever had in my life. I'm going to print this poem (Rainbow bridge) and read it to my 8 yr old son and wife.

UPDATE: Well she has been placed of steroids, antibiotics and pain pills. They think she got into the garbage and ate some chicken bones. They riped up her intestines pretty bad.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I'm glad the were able to find out what the problem was, and hope she recovers fully.

·
Don't ask if you don't want the truth.
13,305 Posts
Good luck on a speedy recovery.

Just dropped a smooth $1,500 to have an infected uterus removed from 7 YO German Shepard last week.

Infection weakened her immune system so when stiches come out next week, we start on heart worms and mange (rare for a dog of that age). Throw in whip-worms that we are able to treat now and you find out how much these pets mean to you when they start firing off treatment expenses.

Sheesh.

Hopefully her sister stays healthy!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts