2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
POC chunker
9,209 Posts
Why don't we get to see this kind of view ot their culture on our news. Looks like a very nice city, thanks for sharing the shots. Do they bring in outside labor for construction, or are those jobs taken by their own people? I really like your "toybox" in the gallery too.

·
<<<<<It's a living, don't ask!!
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All labor is brought in. Mostly Indian but you will meet and see people from all over the world there. In the UAE tourism is very big. Some of the highest quailty gold is sold there and if you know where to shop you can buy 22 carat for $17.00 U.S. per gram. You will see no 14 carat at all. They sell hollow and solid, yellow and white. Market value was $22.00 per gram when I was there.

Regarding my toybox. Glad you took the time to view some of my pictures.

Thank you,

Shooter

·
Banned
2,026 Posts
Uae Conditions

Heh Shooter
how are the conditions in Dubai now ?
i have considered taking a job with Baker Hughes that would put me in Dubai about 3 times a year starting next month.

·
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Dubai's oil suppy is predicted to run out in roughly 15 years. They are building like crazy now before the oil resource money runs out. They are counting on the major oil companies to set up shop to be closer to there sources, that's what I've been told. They now have roughly 20% more housing built than the demand right now and they are still building.

Do any of y'all remember the story of Dubai building the worlds largest oil port?? What happened to that??

Profish, they will only allow so much to be brought back in to the US. If I brought you some and cut my wife's score short, she would think it was for my girl friend. LOL :)

·
Banned
2,026 Posts
largest oil port

i don't know about the largest oil port, but Baker is going there to be closer to there customers.

·
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Parsrobc, it is hotter than He!! and the humidity is a killer. It was 107 with 80% the 3 days I was there. Late Sept thru early May the weather is great. One U.S. dollar = 3.67 of there dirhams. The economy has dropped just slightly.

Correction to above post: gold was $20.35 market price while I was there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts