2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This knot is probably the biggest question on my boat from my clients as far as tying knots go. It's a very hard knot to show first hand, specially the way I tie it, so I've been telling them that as soon as I find a good example I'll post it on 2cool, that way everyone can get it. enjoy fellas!

P.s Best way to learn it is with 2 different colors of line, that way you see whats going on. Cut each color 12 " long and tie your butt off.
Capt. Hollis F :cheers: < that means drink a cold beer when your practicing.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
If you are tying braided line to monofilament I would recomment 7-8 wraps for the braid as it has a smaller diameter and only 4-5 for the mono end.....

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm tying Braid to fluorocarbon, never had an issue with just 5 wraps. 8 wraps with me cramped the loop and caused the 2 knots to not cinch up correctly, and that will cause it to snap.

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
I go 5 and 5. I pull the braid side knot almost tight, then do the flouro side knot. When you pull it tight take the flouro tag end into your teeth and hold it tight and then pull the knots together. It helps to keep the knot smaller. And don't forget to wet the knot before pulling it tight.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I go 5 and 5. I pull the braid side knot almost tight, then do the flouro side knot. When you pull it tight take the flouro tag end into your teeth and hold it tight and then pull the knots together. It helps to keep the knot smaller. And don't forget to wet the knot before pulling it tight.
Exatly right DEKE,,,, dont forget to wet the line guys or it will not pull together tight and smooth.... Thanks Deke man...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Uni to Uni is the only line to line knot that I use. I feel it is the best. But if you are using 8lb dia or smaller you need to use more wraps in the the braid 10 is the min. I use. More wraps spreads the preesure out. Braid will cut leader line any leader line under enough pressure.

·
Registered
579 Posts
This is the only line to line knot that I have not had fail, yet. I experimented with about 5 or 6 different knots when I went to PP. This is the strongest knot in my book.

·
SECEDE
702 Posts
I like this knot a lot. However, I have had trouble with it when the sizes of the lines are dramatically different, (joining 20 to 80 lb). I like finishing it with a drop of super glue.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like this knot a lot. However, I have had trouble with it when the sizes of the lines are dramatically different, (joining 20 to 80 lb). I like finishing it with a drop of super glue.
Man I dont think that would be a good idea due to the chemicals in super glue could eat the line up, specially on fluorocarbon or regular mono. If it works thats great, but I'd be worried about that.

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
Man I dont think that would be a good idea due to the chemicals in super glue could eat the line up, specially on fluorocarbon or regular mono. If it works thats great, but I'd be worried about that.
Actually, Spectra,Fluorocarbon,and Cyanoacrylate all share same/similar polymers, and co-ploymer's. There are no adverse chemical reaction's when mixed together.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I have used super glue on knots when using larger line and flouros for YFT and black fin and never had any adverse reactions....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ok, cool so super glue works, i won't use it.... Is there a certain way the loop is turned, meaning up or down when tying, or does it matter?

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
I always found having the loop turned down and on your preferred hand side.

·
JimD
7,161 Posts
http://capmel.com/loop_knot.htm

Here you go Hollis. To finish off the leader to bait.

Some of the recommended loop knots are horrible to try to tie on the water.

Here is about an easy a loop knot that about anyone can tie. Be sure to wet it and pull to set the size loop you want.

JimD

·
Registered
231 Posts
I Just started using the allbright. Its got a smaller profile and its pointed so it flows through guides better IMHO. AndI also use super glue.

·
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows
9,467 Posts
Yucatan

Hollis, You done well on the demo and exceeded. I find the yucatan a easy knot to tie and it has been time tested ast the uni. I learned the yucatan a ways back and just stuck with it.

Here is a ling for it to join your thread.

http://www.leadertec.com/tipsandtechniques/fishing_knots/knots_yucatan.html

I am looking forward to teaching your littlle girl this know while you have those count rod benders..LOL

C/B soon ?

CD

1 - 20 of 32 Posts