2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Just read this. It sounds like they could a dozen or so of those patroling the gulf. Way to much illegal fishing going on out there.

·
Higher Ed Honk
1,320 Posts
I caught the paragraph about the illegal snapper and amberjack (+500#s of "other"). I know that representative organizations try very hard not to have comms fighting with recs, but to me the problem has to be addressed uprfront and soon.

·
Most Non Funny
1,834 Posts
My dream job would be inforcing fishing laws in the GOM

·
Most Non Funny
1,834 Posts
hstnboatguy said:
20 kts at night! How safe is that!
with good electronics on a large ship, I cant see why it wouldnt be safe. For a fiberglass sportfisher (even with good electronics) its a grey area depending if you can see debris in the water or not.

·
Registered
215 Posts
risk Vs Reward

Not much of a risk for those that want to break the law. Seems like popping one shrimper takes all of their bandwidth. Just wait for them to pull one over and then the others can load up. I'm sure that call goes out as soon as the lights pop on

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
Coasties were hailing the commercial fishing vessels by chopper Tues all day on ch 16, and deff waited for a reply, checking for lic. i suppose.

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
the Murchison has made quite a few large busts in the Gulf. One of the guys that's on it regularly is a member here. Chalk one up for the good guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts