2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I relocated my boat from Seadrift to a storage close to Bluffs Landing in Flour Bluff. It was my first time out of that marina and was concerned about making it to the inter- coastal but the channel is clearly marked and Bluffs Landing is a nice facility to launch from.
As I was headed out the channel just past Pita Island I notice nervous bait just off the channel so I set up a few drifts throwing soft plastics, catch 5 and even some top water plugs but could not get anything to bite. I made my way down just past Bird Island Basin and made a few drifts in an area that I have fished before but had no luck. The wind picked up and a light drizzle started so I decided to move back north and fish the drops into the channel. I noticed a few birds at the 67 buoy so I moved to the flat and pushed the stake out stick in and started throwing soft plastics toward the drop with a slow retrieve. I found the fish but all were undersized. The major bite was projected around 1:30pm and I started picking up fish at 1:15pm until about 3:00pm. I moved 50 to 100 yards around the buoy looking for the bigger fish but never found them. I stopped at a few spots on the way in but lost patience. Water temps were 56-57.

·
two of my favorites
1,243 Posts
I fished Baffin from 1/1 thru 1/3. Water temps from 51 to 54. Fished deep, fished shallow, fished mud, fished deep rocks in mud, fished grass and mud, fished warmer water, fished warmer water near deeper colder water, fished good bait acitivity, fished poor bait activity, fished...fished...fished...caught 0. :frown:

My elbow hurts now...sad4sm

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I spent thursday afternoon thru sunday morning at our cabin, (14 of us in 1 cabin) in the north end of landcut and NMH. We fished after lunch thursday and all day friday and saturday. We caught 8 thursday, 19 friday and 16 saturday, all reds and drum. All fish were in less than 14" of water, and all caught on arty's. We released all but 3 limits of drum. We had a great holiday and the conditions (sunlight and wind) were pretty good, the temps were tolerable.

chuck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts