2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to hear from Kil Song (or anybody) as to what expectations I should have using 18" to 24" Tyger Wire as a leader on jigs when going after BFT or YFT. I assume Tyger Wire is slightly more visable than Flouro, but if a fish is crazy enough to hit a jig, a little Tyger Wire should not matter. --I've just been thinking about it. I would rather ask, rather than waste a bunch of time if it should not be tried.
Thanks, John

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey star...If the tunas are busting everything in site, which i have seen from Zhijuantenjo to Venice. La. you can definitely produce with tyger hardware at any length. As you well know if the action is furious out there and lots of distressed fish in that commotion, expect one of those toothy critters are soon to follow. To make a quick point. My co-worker was out 2 weeks ago a out of Freeport and drift fishing and all of the sudden hooked up with a wahoo. After it was all said and done, it weighed 105lbs. Ready for this, on 30 lb mono!!!...Speculation is that he swallowed the hook and when it was set, it ripped his belly open and that was his demise. Crazy huh?....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts