2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hate is such a strong word , however there are two things that I - Well I guess I will use the word ---Hate - I hate A liar and a thief .... We live in the middle of no where and never have any trouble with stealing ... Well I invited some family over for a fish fry this weekend .... One of my Uncles was looking for a particular reel ... I told him that I used a reel that was exactly what he was looking for .. To my surprise - It was gone -- It was a $50 reel on a $60 rod ... I also had an $80 reel and $50 rod gone .. My fathers $65 combo was also missing along with his full tackle box ... I am just disguisted ... It took me a long time to piece together the perfect combos ... This stinks and I would like to spit some Beechnut in that Dude's eye ...

·
Registered
550 Posts
I know the feeling. I had 2 combos stolen out of the back of my truck about 3 months ago. I made it all the way out to the main river from the boat ramp when I realized that I had left them lying in the truck bed. I went back but they were already gone. The only good part of that is that I found them in a a friends pawn shop 3 weeks later and got them back ONLY because I had put a small mailing label on two places inside of the reels. But I still know how you feel. Hate is not too strong a word for theivery. I am still looking for my Ole Man Grand Vision Carbon Elite treestand from last year.

·
Registered
728 Posts
About 15 years ago, someone broke into my house while I was at work, and stole about $10,000 worth of guns and archery gear. By the way they entered the house, and the things they stole, it was obvious to everyone that it HAD to be a "friend" who broke in. All they took was guns and such... they left jewelry, cameras, TV's VCRs and all the crack-head kind of easily salables behind.... I didn't have an insurance rider to cover my loss, so I got about 1/5th the value of the stolen goods from the insurance company.
I was quite angry, but it has taught me a very valuable lesson. It was just stuff. At the time, I could have killed the rotten ba$tard who knew me, yet stole from me, but I figure he'll (or they'll) get their come-uppance from someone a whole more well equipped to do the judging than me.... I don't "collect" guns any more. Can't stand the thought of someone getting shot with a gun I bought to hunt with...

I am very sorry to hear someone stole from both of you fine catmen. That in and of itself sucks, especially when they stole out of your truck and your house.... there's a sense of violation that comes from having someone on your property stealing from you.... I Know

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was in Port Aransas once and left gear in both my truck bed and in my boat. Thought I heard something in the night from inside the motel room but was too tired to get up. In the morning I looked in the boat and 75% of my gear was gone. I about fell to my knees in greif since I had all my saltwater gear. I could not bear to look in the back of my truck where the expensive tackle was so I peeked over and sure enough it was all still there.

Thank goodness thieves are stupid. All they ended up with was a stinky bait bucket a crappy tackle box(with my hooks :( ) and 3 cheap bait rods and reels. I was actually glad I was so relieved and was happy to stop at Academy and buy a couple new cheap R&R's .

But I agree hate is not to strong a word ..

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Steal from me...and I figure out it was you...6'6" of big,beautiful catman will soon be makin' your immediate future questionable,baby!!......Wooooooooooo!!!:dance:

·
Registered
728 Posts
NightTrain said:
Steal from me...and I figure out it was you...6'6" of big,beautiful catman will soon be makin' your immediate future questionable,baby!!......Wooooooooooo!!!:dance:
Where you been hidin'? I figured you'd run off with some wild catwoman or somthin...

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup --- I feel more violated than anything ... I was talking to the guy at Airrus rods -- I told him that 2 of the rods that were stolen from me were Airrus ... He is sending me two freeee replacements ... Guess it is good marketing -- Guess who I am pushing ?

·
Registered
728 Posts
What's his number? LOL....

That was pretty decent of him to replace those stolen rods like that... being as he had no obligation.... what a concept... a company that replaces rods when some LOWLIFE steals 'em... obviously a great company... can you send me some pictures of their line? I'll take a long look at what they have to offer...

·
459 Posts
Hawkeye said:
What's his number? LOL....

That was pretty decent of him to replace those stolen rods like that... being as he had no obligation.... what a concept... a company that replaces rods when some LOWLIFE steals 'em... obviously a great company... can you send me some pictures of their line? I'll take a long look at what they have to offer...
LOW LIFE SCUM BAG!!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Catfish said:
I believe he was talking about the theif and not you Hawkeye --- Not sure why you were quoted -- I think it was an error ..
We'll see... I don't believe it was an accident. This isn't his first post on the thread and he's not made that kind of "mistake" before. I'm not going to make any more of it because I know I was making a joke even if someone else took what I wrote the wrong way... or not...

Back to those fishing rods... I took a look at his pricing and figured I'll stick with my Okuma Blue Diamond rods for now LOL... I didn't even get to the pictures :)
before I got sticker shock.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts