2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
SPECTACULAR !!!!, Spec..That is truly a wonderful job of turning, fitting and finishing...ane, believe me,, I STUDIED that pix HARD..:rotfl:

Haven't run across redheart yet in my travels, but have turned a couple of purplehearts..I'm beginning to believe that any wood is beautiful if you take the time to handle it right..

Thanks also for the info on how you finished it..I been using EEE cream and then Shellawax, but it is not giving me the shine you got there...

Love them BIG pens..but they can be boogers to get just right..and, the ONE big pen I turned out weighs so much it makes your shirt sag...:rotfl: ..Sure are a nice change from the slimlines..but I still love the slims...Guess I'm gonna have to give that 'Gentlemens' size a whack ..LOL

GREAT work...Keep grindin' and grinnin'.....

Jim:biggrin:

afterthought...that is a 'rollerball' kit, ain't it ????

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh - it has flaws, believe me :D

but I'm happy with it for a first effort on that style pen.

I got the redheart from Rob at [email protected] - he also sells stuff on IAP: http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15047. The pen is not as orange as the picture would have you believe. It is a nice reddish color.

the wood seems to not be very dense - so the pen is heavy, but not as bad as I expected (and certainly not as heavy as it would be if made with purpleheart) I carried most of the day today and it was not uncomfortable. There is a Jr. Gentlemen's kit available as well, but CSU was out of some extra tubes I wanted for that size pen - so I went to the larger size.

it is a rollerball. I prefer them over ballpoint pens. On my next order, I will be ordering some of the Jr. pens that I will use for everyday carry.

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
Nice
I like them and the Jr's with the threaded ends best.

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
Pardon my ignorance..but...Tom..what is "CSU" (can't believe I missed a site.lol) ...an Bill, where did you find the Jr's with threads ?....if I'm not asking for 'trade secrets'..LOL

Jim

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it's "Shawn" - not "Tom"...but I won't hold that against you :D

CSU is Craft Supplies Unlimited...their website is www.woodturnerscatalog.com

the Jr. Gentlemen's kits are available with either a straight end cap or threaded end cap so the pen cap can post on the end of the pen:

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/store/Pen_Making___Pen_Kits___Jr_Gentlemens_II___jr_gent_2?Args=

I was wanting to make an celluloid pen, but they were out of the nickel plated tubes for the Jr. sizes....that's why I went with the standard size.

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Very nice pen. I hope this posts cause I am haveing big problems with my internet service. I get online then can't go anywhere. It has took them since Friday to figure out I have a problem. I am about to drop them.

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
speckle-catcher said:
it's "Shawn" - not "Tom"...but I won't hold that against you :D
Mea Culpa, Shawn...ya gotta cut me a little slack since the old brain is slowly decomposing...:confused: ....and thanks for the info...

Bobby ????, ...What Bobby ???...Who's Bobby ???? :rotfl:

(all the world loves a smart *** like me !!!!):p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts