2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gone to the links for tying a turkshead and i got tying one down pretty good, but I would sure like for someone to post some pics of a work in progress.
West coast style rod or something like that. Hey Doc, I would love to see more of your projects, the one that was recently posted with a turkshead looked like the cork wrap was seperated by inlaid rope. Explain that process, it sure looked good.

Danny

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Gotta give credit to the idea to Eric of Erics Tackle in Ventura, Ca. He came up with the Idea years ago using what is called Boat Line Cord. I have played a lot with it using Butt Cord and even the highly colorful stuff sold at Home Depot and the like. Basically all you do is wrap the cork tape with a small gap between spirals and then force the cord into the gap when you are done. Of course tieing it all of with a turks head makes it evern nicer. I am working on several Charity Rods right now with the same basic theme and will try to remember to take pics when I am done. Also dont forget when you are doing turks heads and have the first rotation of the knot complete you can insert another color of cord for each rotation. Experiment and have fun. This is the only picture I can find right now.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts