2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Most Non Funny
1,834 Posts
on yellowfin, dont count on them being in less than 200 ft of water, Blackfin will be in closer around the Shrimp Boats, whith an occasional yellow in the mix, once yellowfin mature, they generally go off on their own to hunt then return to school during the night..

Reactions: topwtr#1

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Some YT's see at night at floaters on flying fish and bonita. No many YT's around right now. Big strong gulf currents and large fresh water flows have changed patterns. Look for weedlines and fish for dolphin, kings and wahoo. If you find some shrimp boats - you will find a few blackfin.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
BFT anywhere in 200ft of water behind shimp boats. I have not heard any reports with the exception of several excursions out of Port A and Freeport. You might look for the track that gives you access to deepwater quick out of GYB.

AGF

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I went in search of them on Wednesday out of GYB. Ran out about 75 miles... none to be found around the shrimp boats I hit. Shallow, deep, NADA. Only bonita.

Stetson had a dive boat on it, and the claypile area wasn't too good either.

Big weed piles out there that are holding some descent Mahi, and I imagine there is a hoo or two to be found.

Johnny Walker's crew hit some shrimpers 60 miles out and slayed the BFT on tuesday though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts