2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Paddle solo, sleep tandem
3,601 Posts
nice buck, sir. How long was the shot? caliber? give me the story...somehow you managed to take that monster between jokes and funny pics I was sending you- I'm impressed!

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
I would have shot the horns off it so it wouldn't go around thinkin' it was a buck. Kinda looks like the one ah.....p58 poached off the place last week.

·
Pistol58
2,591 Posts
Did you ever put a tape to him? How wide? Did you score him? Lot better looking than that old doe I ground checked this past Saturday.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So here goes the story...about 7:10am good activity, 2 does and a ten on my left, cindera in front of me pretty overgrown, nothing down that way, and 5 does and a 9 point on my right. Looking from right to left to check back on the ten and something in the brush catches my eye, glass up and all i see is rack, and he ducked back into the brush, buck fever sets in. about 10 minutes go by and no sign of him until about 530 yards down the right he steps back out and looks back at me, sees the 9 point, scratches the ground and takes off running right at him. Gets up there (by this time rifle is up and ready to rattle off a shot) and then ducks into the brush with the 9 point. I think "&$%# i missed him again" and then he steps back out, perfect broadside, about 180 out, and boom, he takes off. Heard the hit, saw the reaction, knew i had a hit on him, didn't know how good. Called the crew to come help search and let him lay for 20, went down there, saw where he scraped the ground when i hit him, and it was a matter of about 15 yards into the brush and there he laid. 180 yards, 7mm Rem ultra mag got to eat, 150 gr PSP.

·
Paddle solo, sleep tandem
3,601 Posts
bodaciously rad story brah! jk, awesome story. glad you gave him the dirty ground pound...venison and a nice rack. hmm, doesn't get much better :D

·
Pistol58
2,591 Posts
Surprised this wasnt posted until now, dude was texting me as soon as he pulled the trigger...I knew he was gonna be a good one...so POC...when do we start scouting where Im putting my stand for next season?

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Surprised this wasnt posted until now, dude was texting me as soon as he pulled the trigger...I knew he was gonna be a good one...so POC...when do we start scouting where Im putting my stand for next season?
I'm not sure you've graduated to that point yet, i've got a spot i can put it, just not sure you'll be in it next season!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts