2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched the Kayak about 6.30am fished and paddled around 1.2 miles there was a little cove where something was working bait. But not to the point of busting it on top. Set the anchor and started working with a 1/4oz Silver and Chartreuse Johnson Sprite Spoon. Then I felt a couple of bumps before she took the whole enchilada. At first I thougt it was a Red maybe around 22-23" until she surfaced and all I could say was holy you know what. 28" 7lbs

David

Attachments

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,502 Posts
Nice fish Baystalker! I fished the surf in Jamaica Beach on Sunday 7/23 from 6 am until 9:30 am with only two hits. One on a silver spoon with a chartruese sticker and the other on a mirrolure 51MR28. Lost both fish within 10 feet of me. A bunch of people using live bait, shrimp and cast netting for mullet in the surf. They were catching a few, even a couple of nice ones, looked to be 22-23". Water was nice (warm), green, flat and a bunch of bait. They were also catching a bunch of sand trout and dinks.

·
Banned
144 Posts
hey david, that second pic looks like pirates beach marina? didya launch there or just go get ice? eckerts is one of my favorite fishin spots.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts